Chapter 1: The Guild and The Mission (before I knew I was in love)

************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Okay guys! Here is the first chapter! Hope you enjoy!!!!!!
*********************************************************************************************************************************
Lucy P.O.V

Dear mom

I wish you could see the guild, I wish you could see how beautiful Fiore is!
I have made so many friends, In fact they are more like family.

Levy is my best friend, she is so funny and is always making me laugh.
And of course Erza always has my back when I need support.
And then theres Gray, and Mirajane, and Nats-

Suddenly the pen flew from my hand, and the cold feeling of a snow ball brushed against my hand.
I turned around in anger and disappointment.

"NATSU! GRAY!" I shouted in anger.

Both of them ignored me (as usual) and carried on with their petty fighting.

I tried to get in between them, but every time they moved I was pushed away.

"For once could you just argue like normal peopl-" The guild doors slamed open.

And there stood Erza, with a cloud of smoke surrounding her ( Which came out of no where)

"BOYS!!!!" She bellowed. Both of them stopped immediately.

"Aye!" They respondent with theirs arms around each others shoulders dancing like idiots.

"I swear you two are turning into that stupid feline!"

"I heard that Lucy!" Happy shouted to me.

"Shut up Happy! Did it look like I was talking to you!" I shouted back.

Before we knew it, the whole guild was in an uproar. Natsu and Gray went at each other again, Erza was trying to pull them off each other, Mirajane was trying to help Wendy break up the other fights that were happening, and of course I was the one that ended up in a pile of snow left from Grays attacks.

I know what your thinking... wow what a lousy place! Nah I assure you, this happens nearly everyday at our precious guild. The only time this doesn't happen, is when Gray, Natsu, Erza, Happy and I go on missions. I kind of like it though, because I know I can look back at this and laugh, we all do. Being able to do that is very special in a friendship.

I realised after a while shouting at Gray and Natsu wouldn't solve anything. I was about to give up when our master boomed through the doors.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!!!!!!" Everyone stopped at turned their attention to him.

Oh thank goodness I thought to myself.

"Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Erza and happy! Come to my office immidiatley!" He mummbled something and disappeared behind the door.

What's going on? I hope nothing horrible has happened... master asking for the guilds strongest team must mean somethings up.

"Arg! This is all your fault Natsu! Now we are probably ganna get a stupid lecture from gramps" Gray protested bumping into Natsu as we walked up the stairs.

"My fault! How is this MY fault!" Natsu growled.

"You started the fight!"

"No I didn't! Ice brain!"

"Fire freak!!"

"Would you two quit it!" I shouted "For all we know, we might just be getting a mission, or running an erand."

"Yeah.. like gramps would send us shopping for the day." Natsu smirked.

I hated when he talked to me like I was stupid or something.

"Lets just wait and see, okay." Erza said.

Gray knocked on the door and master ordered us to enter his office. The room stank of old wood and varnish. Just like an old mans office should smell I guess.

"Is everything okay master?" Erza asked worryingly.

We all focused our attention on the old man.

"I'm afraid not kids... you all know about the Annual Year Fair thats going to happen tomorrow?" We nodded in unison.

The Annual Year Fair that takes place in Fiore, is very popular. Many people around the nation come to spend time with their families. Many children come for the rides and entertainment, but the fair is very well known for its fireworks that happen during the evening.

"What about it gramps?" Natsu asked leaning on a chair.

"There has been rumors in the magic councile that a strange group of traditional dancers will be performing tomorrow evening before the fireworks." He informed us.

Gray smirked and moved closer to the group "Hold on... what kind of strange?" He asked.

Master sighed and pulled out a pile of papers from his desk. He handed them to Erza.

"That's what I need you to find out..." he pointed at the papers in Erza's hands "Those are a lists of things that have happened to people that have watched the performances, things like memorie loss to people going missing completely."

"Woah, that seems bad." Natsu said to me through telepathy.

"Yeah... but do you think we could pull this off Natsu?" I asked him.

"What kind of question is that! Come on Luce... have you forgotten that this is the strongest team in the whole guild !"

He was right about that, but in order to find out what's going on, It might mean loosing our guard and getting caught. I told him this through our telepathy.

"Just make sure you partner up with me, and don't go wondering off." His voice echoed through my head.

Why does he want to partner up with me all of a sudden? But it of feels nice that he wants to only partner up with me... What am I saying! Natsu is my best friend! There's no way-

"Lucy! Lucy are you listening!?" I snapped back to reality.

''Forgive me master, what did you say?" I asked trying not to think about Natsu.

"I said you get to choose who are partnering up with first." He said in his gruff voice.

I looked around and caught Natsu's eye. He gave me a nod and and gestered to master Makarov.

"Natsu. I choose Natsu."

Master chuckled "Alright then, that leaves Erza and Gray together. Will Happy be accompnying you two Natsu?"

"Of course!" Natsu said giving Happy a thumps up.

After some more information was given to us, we decided to head back to our homes and rest before the next day. But I still couldn't understand why Natsu was so desperate to partner up with me. I mean, we are close... but I'd always thought I would just get in his way.

I know what you're thinking... "What! Telepathy?! Since when?!" Sorry everyone I just thought it was a nice twist to the story x