Chapter 17: He's here

(This is a long chapter xxx enjoy!)

No ones P.O.V

Master Makorav and the other guild masters, along with Gray, Natsu and Gajeel, where sitting around a big table in Makarovs tent. Maps layed out In front of them.

Makarov stood up, "Good morning gentlemen. I trust every one slept well?"

There was a wave of grummbles around the table. Natsu shrugged and Gray mummled something about the "Damn weather" or something like that.

"What's up Gramps? Why did you call us?" Natsu spoke up.

The Master slowly sat down again, "Two nights have gone by, and there still is no sign of Morin and his army. Lucy is getting worse as we speak, and we are running out of food and water."

Angry whispers filled the room. One man spoke up, "How do we know that Miss Heartfilia is the one to blame! All this started when she and Natsu came back to Fiore!"

Natsu clenched his fists, Gray spoke for him, "Lucy has nothing to do with Morin."

Another man with long red hair stood up, "But her mother was the Queen of the Dragons was she not? Morin is her uncle."

More angry whispers surrounded the room. Natsu was going to say something but Gajeel grabed his arm to stop him, "Let Gray handle this." He whispered to him.

"Lucy hardly knew her family, In fact she is more confused than we all are." Gray gestured to every one.

One of the magic council members hushed every one then he spoke, "We all know you mean well Mr. Fullbuster, but do you really know what actually happened to Miss Heartfilia's mother? Do you know why she is sick?"

Gray was lost for words, "Well, no But I-"

Natsu pushed him back, "He doesn't need to know all that stuff. He trusts Lucy, the whole guild does. Shes family to them!"

"Calm down Natsu." Makarov said.

The council member waved his hands, "No no Makarov, let him be... Mr. Dragneel, I think we all know you are just saying these things, because you have a special relationship with Miss Heartfilia. Push your feelings a side, we have no time for that. This is a war, not a wedding."

Laughter arrupted, Gray put his hand on Natsu's shoulder, "That's enough! You have no right to say things like that. Natsu may have strong feelings for her, but this is also about the guild. The guild has been his only family, he is loyal to everyone in it. So you can't judge him for saying something he cares about. In fact, now that I think about it, where has the magic council been when we have needed them? But, Natsu has put his whole heart into the battles he has had to face. I'm surprised he is not the general of our army."

"Thanks man." Natsu said.

Gray took his hand away, "Its about time we acted like brothers men, not enimies. While we are fighting, think about all the innocent people we will be saving."

"He's got a point." The red haired man said.

Natsu walked up to the council member and held out his hand, "I don't know about you man, but I'm ready to fight along side each other."

There was a moment of silence, until the council member chuckled. He shook Natsu's hand, "So am I, General."

"What?" Natsu was stunned.

"Mr. Fullbuster is right. You have the potential of being a leader, so... lead us."

The room arrupted with cheering. Gray and Gajeel slaped Natsu's back and congratulated him. He turned to Gray.