Chapter 18: Changed

Lucy P.O.V

I woke up to the smell of dust, and the noise of thousands of people shouting from far away. My eyes adjusted, I was in a cave. I looked around me, to see Gajeel staring at me. I sat up slowly and winced at the pain. My back hurt like crazy.

"Woah there Lucy, be careful now." Gajeel said.

I rubbed my eyes, "What are we doing here? Where is Natsu?"

"He has been fighting for hours."

I shot up, "What!?"

"Morin and his army showed up last night. We have lost alot of good men...."

I was shocked. Then I remembered how Natsu thought Morin was going to show up sooner, so he said he would hide me. But I wanted to help, I needed to help! I tried to stand up, it was painful but I was determined. Gajeel tried to stop me but I pushed him away.

"Don't try and stop me!"

He tried to hold me back again. This time I pushed him as hard as I could, and he went flying backwards. He crashed into the wall of the cave. I looked down at my hand. I was never that strong? I brushed it off, and started to run. My legs were screaming to stop, but I kept going. I could begin to make out the wizards. I tried to pick up my pace, but suddenly my back began to hurt again. I fell to my knees and screamed. It felt like something was pushing against my skin from the inside, trying to get out. Clenching my hands, gathering sand in between my fingers. I started to cough franticaly, blood ran from my mouth. the horizon became blury. I was about to give up, when i heard a voice in my head.

"Keep going." It was my mothers voice.

"I can't!" I shouted breathing heavily .

"Keep going!"

I got up again and stumbled forward. My legs felt weak, and i felt dizzy. But she kept telling me to keep going. So i listened. Every step felt like agony. Eventually, I had reached one of the tents. I held onto it, catching my breath. In front of me, wizards were fighting beasts. I tried to hide myself. I looked around to spot Natsu. He was not to far away from me. My voice would be to weak to shout but he has good hearing.

"Natsu! Natsu!" It wasnt loud, but he heard me.

He turned around to see me, his face grew pale. He was helping a wounded wizard. He got someone to take over, and he made his way towards me. Once he got me, he picked me up and carried me to the back of the tent.

"What the hell were you thinking!" He hissed through his teeth, "You can get killed out here!" He was covered in bruises, and his lip was cut and bleeding badly.

I swallowed, "Natsu...", I said in my pathetic weak voice, "We have to do that thing."

"What thing Lucy? What are you talking about?" He hissed again.

"That thing, that my mom said we must do." My eyes were feeling droopy. I stumbled forward but he caught me.

"This is madness Lucy! I need to get you back to Gajeel."

I tried to pull away, "No! Please Natsu... please Natsu, please." I started to cry. I held onto his vest tightly.

Natsu picked me up over his shoulder. He began to walk in the direction of the cave, I kicked and screamed, but he wouldn't listen to me.

"Stop this Lucy!" He growled.

"You jerk! Put me down!" I cried.

Natsu P.O.V

She screamed at me to stop, but I couldn't. I needed to get her back to safety. I knew I was hurting her, but I didn't want to lose her. I was about half way to reaching the cave when i heard a voice in my head.