Chapter 12: So it begins

Lucy P.O.V

I'm running. I can feel my every breath growing deeper... the pain, its unbearable. I'm running through them, the memories all around me. All of the ones I cherished are turning dark, sinister... nightmeres. Someone is chasing after me, I can hear their evil laughter. A big screen appears in front of me. I stop and stumble forward, catching my breath I look up at the screen. My mother appears, she looks down at me and smiles. Then, she disapears. The screen shows a land of ruins, and smoke, and a blue gem. My mothers voice echoes around me. Once again pain overtook me, and I screamed.

Natsu P.O.V

"Lucy! Lucy! Please!"

Gray grabbed my shoulder, "That's enough Natsu! Screaming is not going to solve anything!"

I moved away, " No! She needs to hear my voice! She needs to wake up!"

Once again Gray tried to pull me away from Lucy's unconscious body. I pushed him away, forcing him to stumble backwards. I turned back to Lucy, she was in pain. She tossed and turned and moaned. The infurmary doors swang open and Wendy, Levy and Erza rushed to my side. Levy held Lucy's hand.

Erza turned to me, "Natsu, what happened?"

"She just started screaming, and crying. I tried to wake her up but she won't!" My chest started to hurt.

"Wait a minute Natsu... its 3:00 am? What were you doing at.... Oh my goodness! You wernt-"

I quickly interrupted Levy, "No no, its nothing like that!"

Erza grabbed my shirt collar, "Nasu... I swear, if you have done anything-"

"Okay Erza, there's no need for that!" Wendy said.

"She is right Erza, I'm fine."

My heart skipped a beat... I slowly turned around. Lucy was sitting up, and smiling sadly at me.

"Its okay Natsu, I'm okay..." Her voice was tired and weak.

My feelings, my emotions were mixed up. I felt shock, anger, love and relief. I held her for a long time. The longest I ever had, I felt her tears run down my neck. I was sick of all the hurt she had felt. I was sick of being confused, and angry.

"Natsu?" Her voice muffled from my vest.

I squeezed her, "Yeah?"

"We need to leave."

I pulled away,"What do you mean, leave?"

She held my face in her hands, I was getting kind of embarresed, since the whole guild decided to show up to the infermary.

Her face suddenly lit up, "I had another dream. My mother, she spoke to me. She told me that we need to go to the Dragon Kingdom ruins."

"The ruins of that kingdom is very far, and a dangerous travel, Lucy." Master spoke up from the crowd of people. He moved closer to us," Do you have any idea why she told you to go there?"

Lucy nodded her head and let go of my blushing face, "She said that, we need to find a blue gem. And when we do, it will lead us to restoring the kingdom once again. And it will answer questions I have longed for. I believe it would be a good thing to go, master."

The old man nodded his head and sighed, "Yes, I do believe so to. And I'm sure the rest of your team agrees to."

Erza, Gray, Wendy, Carla and Happy nodded in unison.

"No, Master... it must only be me. This is my battle, not there's." Lucy smiled at them.

I'm not going to let her go any where by herself, I'm not going to lose her!

"She's not leaving this town with out me Master!" I said.

She grabbed my arm, "Natsu, no. I don't want you getting hurt."

I can't believe she said that?

"After everything that has happened, you are not even going to leave the guild hall without me by your side. Because that's where I belong Luce... don't push me away!"

I can't believe I had the courage to say that! Mental high five!

Her cheeks turned pink, "Natsu, I-"

"If you left with out me, Lucy... I wouldn't sleep, I wouldn't eat, which would be a huge thing for me... I would constantly worry. If you left with out me, I would feel like apart of me is missing..."

I had forgotten that the whole guild was listening to every word I said. And francly I didn't care. I loved her, I wanted her to know how much. I wanted everyone to know how much.

Levy P.O.V

Natsu's words were so sweet, and meaningful. Lucy just stared at him, like she was lost for words, I had to step in.

"May I speak with Lucy alone please?" I looked around the room, but no one moved.

Erza stood up and screamed, "Oi! Did you hear what she said? Move it punks!"

The room cleared in a second. After Erza had left I held Lucy's cold hands. She smiled sadly at me, "What should I do Levy?"

"You should go Lu-chan. Its a once in a life time opertunity to understand everything. You can't not go. And, you have to let Natsu come with you too."

She looked up at me, with worry in her eyes,"I have caused him so much pain Levy, I can't put him danger..."

I was getting angry, "Lucy listen to me, we all just witnessed another side of Natsu, that no one ever knew about. He loves you Lu-chan, he loves you with so much passion. He is willing to die for you, and that's telling you he is the one who should always be by your side, no matter how much danger there is. Take him with you, or so help me, I will shove him in your back pack!"

She smiled and squeezed my hands, "Your right Levy... thank you."

I hugged her and called Natsu in. I left them alone, feeling proud of myself.

Lucy P.O.V

Levy was right. I was going to take Natsu with me. The truth was I didn't really want to leave without him either.

He walked in the room,"Luce, please! Please don't go without -"

I didn't let him finish, I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his neck," I wouldn't leave without you, even if a thousand people tried to pull me away!"

Once again I found myself crying like the useless being I was, and once again he comforted me. Like the loving person he was.