Chapter 4: Why me?

************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Oooo twist! What's ganna happen now that Lucy knows how her mother died? And who is her so called "True love"? Keep reading to find out!
Here we go Chapter 4!
************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Lucy P.O.V

"Luce, are you sure you want to still do this?" I looked up at Natsu and responded, "Yeah... yeah I'm sure."

I still didn't understand what had happened to me, and why it did happen. But I believed I already let down the team, and I would carry on with the job. Alot of peoples lives were at risk tonight, and going back to the guild hall wouldn't save them. Even though my head still throbbed, I decided to partner up with Natsu, to carry on with the job.

"I still don't think its a good idea to carry on with a job." He said looking to the ground as we walked. The sun had set and the moon was out. Beautiful lanterns lit up the streets with many colours. I looked up at the twinkling stars in the night sky and sighed, " Natsu, stop... I'm fine okay." He looked at me worryinly, then smiled.

"Well then I'm all fired up! Lets go catch these bastards!" He grabbed my hand and we both started running. The wind brushed my hair back, and it felt good. I glanced at Natsu and his smilling face made me blush.

Wait! Why was I blushing!

I stumbled forward and shut my eyes, waiting to hit the ground. But I didn't? I opened my eyes to see the pink haired mage chuckling, he had caught me.

" Haha, are you alright Luce." But I didn't respond... we caught eye contact and said nothing. I felt my cheeks turning hot.

"Uuhhmm... hey, isn't the fire works about to start." I said getting up quickly dusting myself off. He grinned stubidly and scratched his scalp, "Yeah..."

"We better hurry up, we might miss the dancers and-" Natsu grabbed my hand. I tried to pull myself away but his grip was too strong.

"Natsu, come on lets go!" But he didn't respond. His face was expresionless.

"Natsu?"

"Lucy... there was never a job." I stopped struggling, and looked at him confusingly.

"What?"

He pulled me towards him. Shocked, all I could do was stare.

For a minute there was silence between us... all I could hear was laughter around me. His strong hands held my sides, but light was covering most of his face, so it was hard to see him.

Wait... this seems so... familiar. And what did he mean by saying that there was no job? What's going on!

"Lucy... there is something... I need to confess... I...I lov-" I didn't let him finish, I finally understood what was happening. This was my dream! It had come true!

I pushed him away, turned and ran. I could hear him shout my name, but I didn't look back... I needed to get as far away from him as possible. I needed to understand what was going on. So many thoughts were rushing through my head, I couldn't conserntrate.

I kept running into people, and the lights started to burn my eyes. I tripped and fell hard hitting my head on the pavement. Then everything went silent. I stood up and rubbed the bruise on my forehead. The atmosphere felt unreal, artoficial. I took a step forward, it felt like I was walking in mid-air.