Chapter 13: Slip

Lucy P.O.V

It was early morning. The sun was just coming out, and the chilly air made me shiver. I looked around at my friends who stood in front of me and Natsu.

"You sure you have every thing?" Mira asked me with a smile.

I smiled back sadly, "Yeah, I'm sure. Thanks Mira."

"Please let me come with you Natsu!" Happy pleaded.

Natsu laughed and patted happy on the head, "I'm sorry little buddy, not this time."

"Look after her Natsu." Erza said to him.

He put his arm around my shoulder, "Of course."

I pushed him off, "Well if she lets you." Wendy giggled.

Master handed us both a small pouch of gold coins, "For the journey."

"Thank you master." I said.

We said good bye, and started to walk away. Before we got far, levy called my name. I turned around to see her running towards us. She ran into my arms and hugged me tightly.

"I can't believe you didn't say goodbye to your best friend properly!"

I giggled, "I'm sorry Levy-chan!" I hugged her back.

She pulled away and took my hands in hers, "Remember, when you told me you were going to the Kingdoms ruins, you know, at the beach?"

"Yeah, I remember."

"Well, why didn't you go before the dream?" She looked at me longingly.

I didn't know why I didn't go earlier? It bothered me a bit, or maybe I was scared or worried about leaving the town. I told her this, but she still seemed concerned. I gave her one last hug.

"You don't need to worry Levy-chan."

She smiled then looked over at Natsu, "Listen, you take care of each other out there okay? Come home safe."

"We will Levy." He gave her a thumbs up, and gestured that it was time to go. I said goodbye to Levy, and ran to catch up with Natsu.

Natsu P.O.V

We had been walking for hours, and my feet felt like they were going to give in. It was mid day and it was the hotest it has been for ages. Lucy was walking ahead of me, and I dragged my feet trying to get her attention. I kicked stones, groaned, sighed.

Eventually she looked at me over her shoulder, "I know what you are trying to do Natsu. We are not stopping."

Are you kidding me!

"Arrrggg! Lucy?"

"What Natsu?" She growled.

I smerked, "You love me right?"

She sighed, "Hey Natsu, I've got an idea."

This was it, she's ganna give in!

"Yeah Luce?"

"Shut up!"

Never mind...

"Can't you summon that clock spirit of yours? Pleeeeeeeeease!!!!" My feet were aching.

She turned around to face me. She was angry, "Natsu, SHUT UP! I'm so tired of you complaining all the time! For a second, just a second could you be quiet! I wish you didn't come with me!"

She turned around again and stomped off, and left me stunned but hurt at the same time. We didn't talk for the rest of the day, we still had another day to go until we reached the ruins, and I didn't want to spend it with Lucy in a bad mood.