Chapter 10: I feel safe

Natsu P.O.V

"Just let me see her!" I tried to push past Mirajane, who was blocking Lucy's room door.

"I cant do that Natsu!" She shouted, "Not until you tell us what happened!"

Gray pulled me back, hitting my back against the wall.

"Stop this Natsu!" He scolded.

"I just want to see her!" I shouted back.

"I understand that, but you cant expect us not be worried when we find you and Lucy, unconsious on the beach!" He gestured to every one around me, "Just tell us Natsu."

Erza stepped out of the circle of people and walk towards me. She stooped down and picked me up by my shirt colar.

"If you have hurt Lucy, Natsu, so help me i will-" I interrupted her by getting out of her grip.

"I would never do that Erza! I never layed a hand on her... okay I did, but not in that kind of way."

"Its okay Natsu", Lucy said behind the closed door,"Tell them."

I hesatated at first, but I was able to explain every thing. About the kisisng, and about Linara, and everything she had told Lucy.

"Oh my..." Levy gasped, covering her mouth. She looked like she had seen a ghost, "I-I need to talk with Lu-chan." Mirajane moved out the way, letting Levy through.

"Wait!" I tried to reach for the door handle, but Mirajane pushed me away.

I growled,"Iv told you every thing! Let me through!"

"Not until they are done talking." Gray said pulling me back.

I was getting angry, "Why are you treating me like a little kid Gray!"

"Because you are acting like one Natsu!"

"Wanna go ice princess!"

"Hell yea-" Erza grabbed Gray by the cheek, and started to drag him down the stairs.

"Thats enough you two." She glared at me.

Wendy took my hand and pulled me, "Come on Natsu, lets go make some tea, okay?" She said sweetly.

I gave in and went with her, taking one more glance at Lucy's door.

Lucy P.O.V

I sat on the bed looking at the night sky, thinking about every thing that had happened to Natsu and I. And of Linara...

The door slammed open. It was Levy. She closed it and ran to me, grabbing my shoulders.

"Lu-chan! You have to tell me every thing that Linara told you! Everything." She stared at me wide eyed and anxious.

Shocked, i just stared at her. She shook me and pleaded for me to tell her, so i did. I told her everything and in detail.

She sat down next to me, her hands covering her mouth.

"I dont understand any of it though." I said lowering my head.

"I do." She sighed.

I looked up, confused at what i thought i heard her say, "What?"

She layed down on the bed and sighed again, "I understand all of it, Lu-chan."

I stood up frantically, "What do you mean you understand Levy! Please tell me!"

She got up and hugged me, then sat on the bed again," When i was little... I was told the stories of the Dragon Kingdom. True stories, i might add... any way, one of the stories was about a baby with pure golden hair. And this baby was to marry the soon to be "Dragon prince" but unfortunatly, the baby's mother, the queen, knew that she would be killed... so she used her magic to make sure, when she died, the baby would recieve her mothers power."

So its true!

"... and the baby was named... Lucia."

Shock shot through me. I was stunned... i was the baby!

"Thats all i know." She said taking my hand, "but everything that has been happening.... its... its just too strange to ignore."

She was right. I have to find out for myself what is going on... and i have a feeling Natsu had something to do with it to.

"Levy... listen to me. In a few days, im going to take Natsu, and we are going to the ruins of the Dragon Kingdom. I need to understand everything! Please, you have to promise me that you wont tell any one, okay?" I looked in to her eyes, and waited patiantly for her to reply.

She nodded and i hugged her again, "Thank you."

She hugged me back. She pulled away and held my shoulders again, "What am I going to say if they get suspicious?" she asked.

I shrugged, "Just say you don't know, or... I dunno... use your imagination."

She smiled, "Should I bring Natsu up for you? I think you two should talk."

I nodded in agreement, I had not seen him since I gave the orders to Virgo. She closed the door behind her, and I flopped onto the bed. I needed to think more... infact... I just wanted to run away. If their was a way to leave everything that has happened behind, I would take the opertunity... but I would take Natsu with me. I never want to leave his side. I got up and walked slowly to the window. The night sky spread across the horizon, and the sound of the waves calmed me. The moonlight danced across the water, and shimmered.

I heard the door close behind me. I turned around and there he stood. His rosey pink hair all messy, and several brueses on his arms. For a second we just stood there, staring into each others eyes until the happiness inside me burst. I laughed and ran into his arms. Tears streamed down my face, and he held me, his back arc burried in my neck.

Eventually we both pulled away. I told him about my idea, the one about going to the ruins of the dragon kingdom. He agreed with me. We spoke for a long time about what had happened recently. We then decided that we had to head home tomorrow, it would be too dangerous to stay here. We were interrupted when Gray opened the door.

"Sorry for the intrusion, but you should come down for dinner." We nodded and joined the rest of our friends.

After dinner I announced that we should be leaving tomorrow morning. They agreed that its too dangerous to stay here any longer...so the next morning I said my final fair wells to Jewel and Stella.

"You will come back to visit won't you?" Stella asked hugging me.

"Of course! I'm so sorry we did not stay long..." I said getting into the taxi.

The journey home was long and tiering, but eventually we made it. When I got home I washed up and unpacked. I came out from the kitchen to find Natsu sitting on my bed.

"Need anything?" I asked.

He scratched the back of his head, "I was thinking... uhmm... that I should sleep at your place tonight, I'm worried that something might happen if I'm not with you."

Normally I would shout at him and kick him out... but this time... this time I didn't. He slept on the floor next to my bed. Sometime during the night, he grabbed my hand and heald it. Warmth over took me again, and I smiled. I felt safe with him.