Chapter Thirty-Two: Calm

Sorryyy, was planning to update this last night pero nakatulog ako huhu. Anywaysss habfun ❤

TAMARA

"Is Raven alright?"

Sinulyapan ko si Griffin na biglaang umupo sa tabi ko. I can feel Azriel, on my left, scooting closer. I suddenly miss the intimidating Raia Venetia, who makes any men stray away just from her mere gaze.

I stared at Raven who was having a mental conversation with Lilith. Kanina pa siya nakatayo sa harap ng kabayo at nakikipagtitigan lang dito. Earlier, she acted very strangely too. She woke me up as usual, with her bright grin, but then she avoided everyone else. As if other people didn't matter.

"Hindi ko alam..." I answered.

It's been a day since the training hall incident happened. Nagkaroon ng punishment si Beatrix for using her soulstone on another student. Raven was asleep for the whole afternoon. Akala ko nga until the next day siyang walang malay pero nagulat na lang ako nang pumasok siya sa kwarto at walang pasabing natulog ulit.

Only a few students knew it was Raven. Kaming tatlo lang nina Griffin. We were waiting for the training time to pass by when it happened. Naramdaman ni Griffin ang presensya ni Raven and we also followed Andreas who immediately sprinted. Maliban sa amin, alam din ng buong Elites, as well as Damon and Beatrix. The rest of the students... believed that Sarienne was haunting the academy again.

With the increasing rumor of the prophecy happening, that incident only added to their fear.

Nakakatakot naman talaga. The prophecy promised another war. Kahit nga sina Kuya ay sobrang nag-aalala na rin. They've been on edge for the past week. Fortunately, hindi nila alam ang tungkol kay Raven o baka ipalayo nila ako.

The darkness and the war are the villains of Hiraya after all.

"Wala siyang kibo mula kaninang umaga." Griffin added.

Tumango ako. Maliban sa paggreet niya sa'kin kanina, Raven did not speak the whole morning. Mas nakaka-kaba dahil ngayon ang Selected Exam namin, the name of our competition before the foundation week.

Not that Raven is chatty but her excitement is visible whenever there's an upcoming match. Mas gusto niyang makipag-usap at mag-assess ng mga posibleng kalaban. Her usual smirk is also gone now, replaced by a blank expression on her face. In addition... she wore all black today, from the bodysuit to the boots. Parang pupunta siya sa funeral.

Hindi sa kaniya pero sa makakalaban niya.

Isang tapik ni Azriel ang kumuha sa atensiyon ko. "Damon's here."

I straightened, taking Griffin's curiosity. I watched as Damon walked to the front of our class, briefly glancing at where Raven was standing. Hindi naman siya pinansin ng kaibigan.

Narealize na namin ni Azriel na baka magkapatid si Tsukishima at Raven. It was Azriel who thought of it, after watching the memories in that room and finding out what 'imuoto' means. Nakonpirma lang namin kahapon... and to our surprise, we found out that he's only a half-brother. Si Damon ang talagang kadugo niya.

I guess... that's why even though he seems distant, and Giovanni's the only man aside from Griffin and Azriel who actively talk to us, he seems to always stay close. Hindi man sobrang lapit 'gaya ng tatlo, pero laging nakabantay sa gilid.

Damon instructed us to proceed to the Hantei hall. Doon gaganapin ang Selected exam. Pero bago pumunta doon, kailangan naming magbunot ng papel. It will group us into two: Match A and Match B. The twenty-five people in those groups will be paired up at iyon ang kakalabanin nila sa first round. The winners from both matches will then fight each other for the second round, gano'n din ang twenty-fifth person ng Match A vs sa Match B. Finally, those who win will fight again... but it'll be on the stage with the soulbearers.