Chapter Thirty-Four: Sun

THIRD PERSON

The tension inside the Hantei Hall was nothing they'd ever seen. The academy has witnessed legendary battles before, from Helios who fought Tsukishima, and from the top students of the House of Blades. As the year passed, each competition got fiercer. As if the heat of the sun itself was carved into their very bones, urging them to stand up and continue to defeat their obstacles.

But this was different. Like the sudden shift of day and night that occurred before, the atmosphere between Helios and Raven was heavy.

It was both bright and dark, with the heat tickling their toes and the cold brushing along their necks.

At hindi makapaniwala ang lahat nang maunang umatake si Helios.

In a blink, he was behind Raven, the small upturned sword in his hand glowing. He attempted to hit her back with the hilt, but he found himself being thrown away. Sa gulat ay hindi niya pa naramdaman ang sakit sa tiyan, hanggang sa nakita ang nakakuyom na kamao ni Raven.

She smirked. His eyes fell on her lips, distracted.

Raven used that chance to open up her claws and jumped forward, aiming to slash at Helios' chest. A barrier of sunlight instantly formed around him. Napaatras si Raven sa nakakapasong init na mayro'n 'yon.

"C'mon, hellboy. Don't be too rash. You're gonna burn me alive."

The barrier slowly dissipated, showing an unamused Helios. "You were planning to skin me alive."

Humalakhak si Raven. She pressed the tip of her claws on her skin, the blade digging into her cheeks.

"Liars deserved to be skinned."

"Tu es une femme incroyablement têtue." tila iritadong saad nito.

Kumunot ang noo ni Raven. "Ano? Tangina mo rin."

Nagkatinginan si Tamara at Kamiel sa bangayan ng dalawa. They haven't moved from the sides since the two has started to fight. Parang nanonood lang tuloy sila ng away mag-asawa.

Tamara is glad, though. After the last few days of cold silence, Raven's expressions finally returned. Mas marami nga lang iyong galit at naiinis siya pero hindi na ang walang-pakialam niyang mukha. It's better to have her curse you than walk around the campus with no idea what's in her head.

"Raven, calm down..."

Hindi pa natatapos ni Helios ang sasabihin nang agad na umatake si Raven. She zigzagged across the ring, making an illusion of some sort about her direction. Helios was immediately on guard, slightly lifting his sword in a defensive position. Hindi inaasahan ng lahat na magpapakita si Raven sa likod niya, ang paa nito'y nakataas para sa isang sipa. The attack landed on his arm, slightly shifting his stance as he was pushed off. Kahit na mukhang magaan at mabilis lang ang palitan nila ng atake, ramdam ni Helios kung gaano kalakas si Raven.

He was quick, yes, and at one glance, it's as if he could match Raven's speed but... he could tell their difference. If it wasn't for the increased strength of his soulstone from the sun, he wouldn't be able to defend, let alone charge an attack.

There was an advantage on his part. Raven, however, is just a menace on the battlefield.

And this is already without her soulstone. Paano na lang kung mahanap niya na ito?