Now What?

A few hours go by and you find yourself still laying there staring at the ceiling. Your mind racing with the thoughts of how this guy plans to protect you against what is coming after you. Knowing Bobby he will send Nico first, the lap dog, always wanting to stick his nose up Bobby's ass. Nico was young and dumb, but he wouldn't come alone. At least two others will be with him, if they were smart more. Laughing to yourself you know that Nico isn't very smart. You roll onto your left side as you see the sun start to come up through the windows. I guess it was only a matter of time and you would have to face this issue.

Rolling out of the bed, you pull the blue flannel closer around your body. There was snoring coming from the couch. Sneaking out to the front porch and sit on the step looking out into the woods. The sun was starting to peek through the trees, casting a few slivers of light your way. Taking in this view, and lost in thought you didn't hear the door open behind you.

"You want some coffee?" Mike steps out onto the porch looking out into the trees. But you notice he's not looking at the sunrise, he was surveying the area.

"I'd love some, Thank you." You cross your arms in front of your chest and start to rub the sides of them. The slight chill in the air was just enough to wake you up.

Taking a deep breath you notice off to the left a dark shadow coming closer to the cabin. Trying to make out what it was you squint your eyes. There was a grunt and something like a rustling, as it got closer. Your eyes focus and notice it was a bear. Jumping to your feet you hurry over to the door and push against it trying to get inside. As you enter the cabin you run right into him. Both coffee cups hit the floor and shatter. Coffee flies all over the ground and your feet.

"SHIT! Fuck me!" He stands there for a second then stoops down to start picking up the broken cups. You lean down and help him pick up the pieces.

"Damn it, I'm sorry! I saw a bear out front and I don't want to deal with that right now." You stand back up walking to the kitchen throwing away the broken cup.

Mike leans towards the window and laughs. "That's just a cub, he's around here sometimes. I can't seem to run him off." He walks back over to the kitchen and throws away the pieces in his hand. Grabbing the towel on the counter you step over to the spilled coffee and try to clean it up. "You don't have to do that." He tries to take the towel from you.

"I've got it. I made the mess, I can help clean it up."

"I made the fucking mess, You're not the one with a shit grip on a couple of damn cups." Standing up he walks over to his room. Turning your head while cleaning the mess off the floor you notice he was taking out a suit and laid it on the bed. There was not much privacy in this place due to the open concept of the cabin. Turning your eyes back to the floor trying to keep to yourself. You stand up and take the towel back to the kitchen, setting it on the counter. Footsteps approach you from behind. Turning around in his direction you see him walking toward you while slipping on a while button down shirt. A breath catches in your throat, and you swallow hard to not make it obvious.

"So here's the deal, I'm gonna take you into town to my office and my assistant Rebecca will take you into the hospital to get you looked at. Make sure that ankle isn't too bad." Standing in front of you he buttons the cuffs of the shirt then flips the collar down, turning around he walks back to his room.

"Do you think it would be possible to get my bag from my car first?" You take a step towards the bedroom not taking your eyes off the floor.

"Yeah, I'll take you by your car before going down the hill." He slips on the jacket to a blue suit and slips his tie up to his neck.

You take in the sight before you. Trying not to be obvious. He was trying to look professional, but was a little rough around the edges. Like he just didn't give a damn anymore. As your eyes look back up his figure you meet his eyes.

"You ready? Or do you want to judge me with your eyes some more?" He opens his arm in the direction of the front door.

"I'm not...I mean I wasn't...." You stumble over your words, and then hear a chuckle coming from him.

"Lighten the fuck up, I'm kidding!" He steps towards the door and walks out to the car.

Stepping out of the house, closing the door behind you, you take a few steps out and search the woods for the bear from earlier. Nothing was moving, or at least that is what you saw. Making your way to the passenger door of the car in record time, you open it and slip in slamming the door behind you.

"Easy, Fuck! Don't take it out on my car." He sits down in the driver seat, closing his door then starts the car.

The car backs up then speeds off down the little dirt road. Leaning your head back you watch as the trees started to open up, as there was a road ahead. The car swerves to the left and keeps accelerating. Winding down the old back road, it was peaceful out here. Quiet, calming, but there was no time to be calm at this moment. Making a sharp turn you see the car off the side of the road. The whole front of the car was flattened like a pancake. He pulls the over next to it and steps out. Watching him as he opens the back door grabbing your bag, you get a chill down your spine. You needed to keep moving, get to a populated area. You just knew they were getting close. He gets back into the car and hands you your bag. The car spins around to head back down the road the way you came. Laying your head against the window you notice a car coming up behind you. It pulls off where the wrecked car is and two men get out. Squinting you can see the all too familiar red leather jacket that Nico wears. "Shit!" you breath out under your breath.

"What? What's wrong?" He turns his face to look at you.

"We need to go like NOW!" You sink into the seat hoping to hide yourself.

Looking over at him you notice him looking up into his rear view mirror. "Who is that?"

"Nico, He is Bobby's second. And the dumb tree next to him is Evan. Big oaf, but too strong for his own good." Wrapping your arms around your body clenching onto the fabric of the flannel sleeves, hoping this doesn't end up the way it always does. They grab you and take you back to that prison to be used and abused, for him to take all of his anger out on you.

"These punks are what your worried about?" The car starts to slow down and you feel it jerk to the right, spinning completely around. He stomps on the accelerator sending the car hurling down the road back at the two cars on the side of the road. He reaches over in front of you and presses the button to open the glove box. It drops and you notice a pistol sitting there among a few other things. He grabs it and sets it in his lap. The car slides to a stop next to Nico's car, he jumps out of the driver side, pistol in the air. Evan starts to lumber towards Mike but he lets off a couple rounds into his chest. Nico dives behind his car and tries to fire off a couple rounds that fire past Mike, but one hits your side view mirror, shattering the glass. A squeal comes from your mouth and you duck down into the floor board. You hear a couple more shots then what sounded like Mike yelling. You couldn't quite make out what he was saying, but he sounded like he was on a warpath. Another shot goes off then its dead quiet.

The driver side door opens and he sits down in the seat. His knuckles were bloody and his shirt had specks of red on the collar. "Did you just kill both of them?" You ask in a whisper still on the floorboard.

" The big fucker isn't gonna see tomorrow, but I left that other little peckerwood alive to send a message back to his boss." He puts the car in drive and flips a bitch in the road, speeding down towards town.

"He's only going to send more then next time. Now that they know where I am, it's only a matter of time." Sliding back up into the passenger seat you breathe a sigh of a light relief.

" Then I'll knock the fuckers down one by one if I have to make my fucking point." He grips the steering wheel digging both hands into it.

"This isn't going to be as easy as you think. I have to get out of here." Reaching down you pull your bag up into your lap.

"Nah, they know where the fuck you are now. Ain't no way you're out running this." He grabs his phone as you come up over a hill in the road. Your phone starts to vibrate over and over. Pulling it out of the pocket of the pants he let you wear you notice there were 20 plus missed calls and countless text messages from him and many of his goons. The last one saying: (I WILL FIND YOU!). Your blood turned cold as ice. The color drained from your face as your phone dropped from your hand hitting the floorboard of the car. There was nowhere you could hide, and once Nico gets back to Bobby, you're doomed.

This is how it ends......