I'm No Damsel

Looking out your rearview mirror you notice that Ian was gaining on you. Your phone starts to ring in your jacket pocket. You pull it out and see Kyle's name as you press the answer button.

"STOP MIKE! You're just going to make this worse for everyone!" Kyle's voice has a sense of shaky nerves to it. Then you hear Ian and his two fucking cents being added.

"You have no idea what you could be walking into Mike. Don't be a fucking idiot."

Shaking your head side to side you roll your eyes as you look back up into the mirror. Ian was pulling up to the left side of your car. "Don't do this Kyle. You fucking know what these pieces of shit are capable of."

The car gains on your left side then swipes in front of you screeching to a halt. You slam on your breaks barely tapping the passenger side of the car. You slam your car into park and jump out pulling the pistol out of your pants. "Don't test me Ian! I don't need your fucking shit right now. And if we wait another fucking five minutes you will loose that leverage you think you have over this piece of shit."

Ian steps out of his car and holds the door with his right hand placing the left up in the direction of your gun. "Mike, you know this isn't the way we do things."

"I don't give a shit how you do things, if you don't fucking move that piece of shit I will drive through it." You grab him by the collar pushing him against the side of the car.

"Mike! Stop this shit! He's right. At least take us with you for back up." Kyle had jumped out the passenger side of the car and was behind you trying to pull your hand off of Ian's jacket collar.

"I don't need a fucking jacked up cop behind me shooting me in the back accidentally." You let go of Ian and shrug off Kyle's arm. Turning to Kyle you point you right index finger in his face. "I'm leaving, now get the fuck out of my way." You brush past him slamming your right shoulder into him.

"Don't do this Mike." Kyle calls out after you.

Pushing the car into reverse you spin your tires as you slam it into drive and weave past their car. One last look into the rearview mirror has them standing there in a heated discussion. You didn't need to deal with this right now. Pushing down on the gas pedal you weave in and out of traffic. Your vision was tunneling with those same red flashes of your pulsating anger making you shake your head. It would be a thirty-minute drive on a good day with a clear head. You knew there was a time limit to get there. You were sure Duke had already tried to call his little fuckers at this house to try and move her or worse.

~Your POV~

You feel the sensation of someone messing with the handcuffs on your wrists and you snap open your eyes. It was one of the two men that had brought you here. He was tall and lanky with tattoos covering his body. The white tank top he wore was old and stained, and he smelled like he hadn't had a shower in days. He let your arms down and threw the handcuffs down on the floor.

"Why?" Was all you could muster. Your voice was cracking from all of the screaming earlier and the blows to the face didn't help.

"Well, if you run...." He lifts up his shirt showing the hilt of his gun. "We have ways to stop you, but I bet you wouldn't do that."

You bring your hands down to your lap sliding the right one over next to your side. You squeeze it over and over to the blood flowing and feeling back. He sits down on the bed next to you and grabs you by the chin hard, pulling your face to look at him.

"You wouldn't do anything stupid would you?" He lets your face go and shifts in place.

Without hesitation you grasp the gun from his pants and place it an inch from his face. He reaches to grab it and you squeeze the trigger watching the flash of the barrel and the slow motion of the bullet exiting the nose of the gun. It flies right through his left eye socket and out the back of his head. The spray of blood and brain matter flies across the room. His body falls backwards onto the floor as you jump up throwing the blanket off of you. Searching the floor for your pants as fast as humanly possible because someone would have heard that shot and you had no clue how many others were in that house.