The Plan

You pull out your phone from your packet and press the power button. It lights up but the power bar was showing low battery.

"Do you think I could charge my phone?" You look over in his direction. He was leaning back in his desk chair, Lost in thought. "Mike?"

"Hmm, yeah. Go ask Rebecca, she may have a charger you can use." He doesn't move from the position he is in.

Standing up you walk out of his office and down the hall. Rebecca was sitting at her desk in a larger waiting room typing something into the computer.

"Mike said you might have a charger I could use for my phone." You stand there as she grabs something out of a drawer in the desk.

"Here sweetie. Remember what I said." She raises an eyebrow at you handing over the charger.

You grab it and shake your head up and down. The main office door opens and two men walk in. One you recognize from earlier as Mike's brother, the other was an older man. The older man looks over at you with a scowl on his face. They turn to walk down the hall to Mike's office. You follow behind them, making sure to keep your distance. Stepping into the office you plug your phone in and set it next to you on the couch.

"Geez Mike what is all this shit?" The older man spits out.

"You know I wouldn't call you unless I actually needed your help." Mike stands up and walks over to the two men. "Did Kyle fill you in on the issue?"

"Yeah, yeah Fucking IRA bullshit. They don't ever cause issues here. Why now?" The older man turns towards you and gives you an evil look. "It has to do with her doesn't it?" He points in your direction.

Mike shakes his head slightly. "Either way, she needs to be a part of the next step."

"Fuck Mike! What shit plan have you come up with now?" He sticks his hand in his pocket and pulls out his phone.

"NO! We have to be smart about this!" Kyle steps between the two of them. "If it's the guys I've heard about they won't be coming in light. We have to be ready, and to send her in this like that, would be asking for a fight."

"Excuse me? You will not be using me as a pawn for this." You yell at the three of them. Finding your sense of confidence, you stand up and take a step towards the three of them.

Mike raises a hand in your direction, shaking his finger back and forth. The older man turns to face you and puts his hands in his pockets.

"You have no say in this little lady. You brought this here and now you are the main tie to all of it. If we need your help we will use it." The older man gets right in your face.

You keep a stone cold look on your face. You have been put in worse positions before with worse men. Mike grabs this mans arm and pulls him back, getting inches from his face.

"Last thing she needs is some hyped up fucking Cop trying to intimidate her. This isn't her fault." Mike had a look of rage all over his face. Like one more step and he would tear into this guy.

"Alright Mike, but we call the shots. You need to know that this is now a police matter. If we need you we will call you." He turns to walk out of the office.

"I don't need his permission to do shit." Mike looks at his brother. Kyle shakes his head and walks out of the office.

Mike drops his head and breathes out a heavy sigh. You step back to the couch sitting down crossing your legs in your lap. He turns his head to you and steps over to sit down next to you on the couch. He places a hand on your right knee.

"Look, I know you don't want to be a part of this, but we need your help to stop him. The last thing we need in this city is this dipshit causing more trouble."