Don't Threaten Me

~Mike's POV~

Turning off the dirt road onto the pavement you shake your head back and forth, tapping your thumbs on the steering wheel. This situation has not gotten any better, but all you cold hope for was to keep her safe until something could be done about this dipshit. Lost in thought for a couple minutes you crest over the hill and your phone beeps a few times. You look down and notice there were a few messages from Rebecca and one from Kyle. You pick up your phone and dial Kyle's number.

"Hey Mike, we have a problem." Kyle's voice was sounding shaky; like there was something he didn't want to tell you.

"Fuck! What happened?" The rage burning in you like a fire licking at your already enraged soul. You drop your foot further onto the gas pedal crossing past the clearly marked speed limit.

"Just get to your office NOW!" Kyle was trying to sound strong but this was not going to be something you wanted to deal with first thing. You just can't catch a fucking break.

As you pull into the back of the building you can see three police cars parked on the main road with their lights flashing. Slamming the car into park and turning off the engine, you snatch the keys out of the ignition and jump out to be met by Ian grabbing you by the arm.

"What's going on?" You try to pass by him to get inside the building.

"Mike, Mike, Mike...STOP! Look at me. For fucks sake!" Ian was trying to get you to calm down but the anxiety of what could be going on inside the office was all you could see. "Look, Rebecca called us a few minutes ago. She got a text from Y/N."

Your head snaps to look at him with your right hand covering your mouth. "What?" Your voice gets to a low growl. "How? I left her at my place. No service up there."

You start to pace back and forth and finally push past him and run up the front stairs into your office. Rebecca was sitting at her desk with a tissue in her hand. One of the officers was questioning her. She turns to look at you and you notice a tear fall from her left eye down her cheek as she mouthed 'I'm Sorry'.

"'Becca what happened?" You sit on the side of her desk taking her left hand in yours trying to calm her nerves. She was shaking but you knew there was more to this than you could see in front of you.

"It's Y/N, I got a text that she had been kidnapped." She hands over her phone and you see the two texts that were sent just a few minutes earlier.

"We cant trace her phone, either its off or someone broke it." Kyle walks into the office behind you. "Mike we need to talk in private." He taps you on the shoulder then drops his hand to his side.

"Send me her number." You hand Rebecca her cell phone back as you stand up following Kyle down the hall to your office. "What Kyle? What other piece of shit news could you have to ruin this perfectly fucking amazing day already?"

You walk over to the coffee pot and pour yourself a half of a cup of coffee then grab the bottle next to the pot and add some to your drink. This is just going to be one of those fucking days. Turning back to Kyle you take a seat in your chair behind your desk. Taking a sip of coffee you raise your eyebrows waiting for something to be said.

"Well? What?" You place the coffee cup on the table in front of you.

"D.A. just got back to us. They said we have 24 hours to get some solid proof on Mr. O'Brian or we have to let him go." Kyle hangs his head placing his hands into his pockets.

"And our best witness to that has now mysteriously been taken? Fucking perfect!" You lay your head down on the table for a second until you hear the familiar chime of a text on your phone. Looking down at it you see the text from Rebecca with the number. Opening the text you press the number and place the phone on speaker setting it down on top of the stack of folders on the edge of your desk. It rings three times then it picks up. There is a loud noise in the background like a body shop.