We'll Make This Work (Marcy x Reader)

This takes place just after going through the portal in The Hardest Thing.

Y/n: GN

Enjoy!
_________________________

Your POV:
"So what now?" Sasha asks. Anne replies, "Well we all need to see our families." "She's right. Especially you two," I say pointing at Sasha and Marcy. "Well I'll see you guys later," Anne says, making her way back home. "Yeah, what she said. Bye!" Sasha agrees, starting her way to her house too.

As I'm about to make my first step to leave, a hand grabs mine. "Please...before you go." I turn around, and Marcy has my right hand in both of hers. "Yes?"

"We- uh- I-" She looks into my eyes before sighing and looking at our hands and continuing. "Look, I know the whole dilemma of me getting us trapped in another dimension won't change my parents minds on moving. I'm moving pretty far, out of state, and us- we- I don't know if we-," Marcy pauses and starts to tear up.

I wipe away her tears with my free hand, and caress her cheek. "I figured, but it doesn't matter how far away you go because I will still love you." "But-" she starts. "No buts cupcake. Trust me when I say: We'll make this work."

3rd Person POV:
After much negotiation and begging, both families agreed that the lovers would be able to visit each other occasionally. This next visit though, would be a surprise for a certain gamer lover.

~Time Skip to seeing each other after months of separation~

Your POV:
Holding a flower, I ring the door bell in front of me. "Marcy! can you get it?" I hear Mrs. Wu yell. "Sure!" Marcy's voice yells back. Butterflies form in my stomach, making me smile.

The door opens to reveal my girlfriend, Marcy Wu. "Hey cupcake," I greet. Her eyes widen. "Muffin!" She pulls me into a hug, and I return the affection. As I do so, Marcy lets out a chuckle that makes my heart flutter.

"I told you we'd make this work."

________________________________

Originally written: 6/7/22

Published: 7/8/22

This felt poetic to write with the details. I hope you all liked it.

Have a nice day/night!