Fear (Marcy x Reader)

Inspired from Sal's fear of spiders. (From Impractical Jokers)

Lil bit 'o context: Y/n has arachnophobia. (Fear of spiders)

Y/n: Gn

Enjoy!

________________________

Your POV:
"Hey babe, look at this little cutie I found," Marcy exclaims, bursting into my room. I look up from my phone to see an excited Mar-mar with a jar-jar. (Hehe p u n s) Looking inside the jar I jump. "Marbles...is that a spider...?" I squeak.

"Tarantula actually. I found it at the park," she says unscrewing the jar and letting it crawl onto her hand before continuing. "Did you know that these babies can range size of a fingernail to a dinner plate! And females can lay up to 3,000 eggs at one time! Aren't these little guys just amazing? Hmmmm judging by how it looks, it's a she!" As the spider creeps around her hand, I back away to the corner of my bed farthest away from that monstrosity.

Marcy sits near me as she holds out the arachnid to me. "Can you hold her? I need to go grab my journal from the living room." "Marcy, I hate spiders. They just- everything about them freaks me out," I explain. "Oh we can fix that. Just hold the spider and get over the fear." "WHAT. NONONONONONONONONOOOOOOO!"

"Cmonnnnnn it'll be a way to face your fear," she says. "That's easier said than done." As I say that, the 8-legged creature walks TOWARDS ME. Staring and noting the features of the tarantula, tears spring up to my eyes. "But it just- the creepy legs and pinchers. I- it could swiftly jump me at any moment," I stutter.

At this point, the tears were already spilling. Marcy takes notice of this and quickly puts the creature back into the jar, sealing it tightly. She puts the jar down before scooching her way to me.

"I'm sorry I pushed you," she whispers into my ear, holding me. Snuggling into the crook of her neck I whisper back, "It's okay. I know you were just trying to help me."

"If it makes you feel better, I bought your favorites from Mcdonalds~" OMG MARCY THIS IS WHY YOURE LITERALLY THE BEST GF!"

_________________________________

Originally written: 6/21/22-6/25/22

Published: 11/21/22

I hate spiders <3

I'm tired. Good night.

Have a nice day/night!