Distractions (Anne x Reader)

And it all started with the quote, "BUT MOOOOOOOOMMMM." - Anne Boonchuy 2021 (I think. Correct me if I'm wrong on the year.)

Istg I'm too in love with Anne.

She's just so- *simp squeal*

Ahem, anywayssss

Lil bit o' context: You and Anne are at Thai Go hanging out and being simps for one another during Anne's break...or so you both thought...

Y/n: Gn

Enjoy!
________________________________

Your POV:
Anne and I sit at a booth hanging out. She sits beside me holding my hand with her back to the exit of the seat. (I hope you know what I mean.) I laugh at a comment she made before noticing a seemingly angry Mrs. Boonchuy behind her.

With her hands on her hips she starts to scold, "Anne Savisa Boonchuy!" Anne jumps a little as she quickly turns around. "You're break ended 20 minutes ago!"

She quickly gets up. "Oh sorry mom." Anne says before glancing at me. "I was uh...distracted." I can see that," Mrs. Boonchuy responds. Anne and I blush as we nervously chuckle. "You're getting extra chores." "But MOOOOOMMMM!" "No buts. While I'm happy you have someone to love, you can't let it distract you from your responsibilities."

Anne sighs before turning to me. "I'll see later when I'm done love," she says before placing a loving a kiss on my cheek. Mrs. Boonchuy smiles at us as she enters the kitchen.

I want to prove that I'm not just a distraction. Oh no. Please don't tell me I'm gonna do a protagonist thing where I'll do something reckless and dumb to prove myself. Oh titan. I wonder how bad this is gonna go.

As I walk into the kitchen of Thai Go I announce," Mrs. Boonchuy, I'd like to help out." "Oh well you don't have to," she responds. I reply, "But I want to. Hear me out, I've heard your many speeches to the truck guy about how 'recipes are for family only,' so cooking was never on the table. But I can uhhhh clean dishes-?" "You want to wash dishes?" "Pshhhh give me my music to listen to, and I'll do any chore." "Man how great it would be to have a child like you." Anne pokes her head from the cashier desk. "Hey!" I laugh.

"It could be nice. It'll give my back some slack," Mr. Boonchuy jokes before Mrs. Boonchuy speaks again. "Well we're not hiring, so you wouldn't have much of a salary." "Oh yeah. I really care about being paid. I just need something to do and not get lonely or be awkward with my social anxiety. I can work the counter. Talking to people there is easy just ask and document what they want." Mrs. Boonchuy sighs. "Okay then. Aprons are in the back along with some hair ties to keep you hair back." (You know...if you have hair that can be tied back.) "Thank you!"

Anne walks into the kitchen and gives me a hug, peppering my face with kisses. "Just don't distract each other all day," Mrs. Boonchuy says. "Yes ma'am"

~Timeskip~
As I wash dishes, I'm humming to the music playing in my earbud. During my little music moment I notice Anne placing more dishes beside me. She smiles at me before kissing my cheek.

I giggle and dry my hands before pausing the music and cupping her cheeks. Placing my forehead on hers give her a peck on the lips. "I love you~" Anne coos, pulling our bodies together in a hug.

"For the love of god just take the day off, and spend the rest of the day together," Mrs. Boonchuy sighs at the stove. "Okay thanks mom," Anne says, pulling off her apron. I do so as well, and she pulls me out of the restaurant.

Narrator's POV:
Now let your imagination take over the rest of the day.

______________________________________________

Originally Written: 7/01/22-7/10/22

Published: 12/19/22

Sorry this took awhile. Semester exams and Christmas gatherings have been taking my time lately. I got lazy nearing the end while writing so it was a bit rushed.

Have a nice day/night!