Baking (Anne x Reader)

Takes place: A little bit after Amphibia

Y/n: Gn

Enjoy!
_____________________
Your POV:
"Hey Anne! Whatcha doing?" I question, walking into her family's kitchen. Anne has a bunch of ingredients on the counter in front of her with her hands on her hips. "I'm about to bake some cookies," she replies. "Oh cool. Can I help?" I ask. "I don't need much help, but you can watch." "Oh alrigh-...are those cricket legs-?" "Sure are."

~Later in the baking process~
Looking at her reflection in the window Anne asks, "When were you gonna tell me I have flour in my hair?!" "When do you not have something in your hair?" I reply. "Touche," Anne says before chuckling and tapping my nose.

"You totally put flour on my nose, didn't you?" I interrogate. She simply shrugs with a mischievous smile. "Okay that's sus," I say, grabbing a handful of flour. "Don't you dare..." Anne takes a step back. Laughing, I throw the flour to her face. She quickly runs behind me to grab her own handful of flour. "Oh it is on!"

After running around the kitchen and laughing, we end up leaning on the counter behind us, side by side holding hands. Still giggling a bit, I turn to Anne and give her a small kiss on the cheek.

"While this moment between you two is sweet, you made a mess of my kitchen!" Anne and I quickly look towards the doorway and see Mrs. Boonchuy. Quickly I say, "It'll get cleaned up right away Mrs. Boonchuy." "Good, that's all I wanted to hear," she says, walking away. "So you clean and I continue with the cookies?" Anne asks. "Yeah, I guess so."

~Time skip to cleaning yourselves up~
Anne went to clean herself up in the bathroom after I finished. Looking over to the counter near me, I notice that she was pretty much done with the icing.

Just a taste wouldn't hurt right? I smear some of the icing off the side of the bowl and put my finger in my mouth. Wow! This is so amazing! A little more never hurt anyone right? Suddenly I get an idea.

With my finger I draw the letters L, o, v, e, and U, tasting the icing again after every letter. Halfway through a heart I hear Anne's voice. "You might wanna save some of that for the cookies too y'know."

She walks towards me and takes notice of the bowl. Smiling, she completes the heart. "I love you too."

____________________

Originally Written: 6/7/22-6/8/22

Published: 7/29/22

Actually when I say "Originally Written" like I actually have the original copy of the chapter written in a notebook dated and everything. But again I'm not on a  Wattpad platform where I can update this book very often, so the chapters are always updated wayyyyyyy after I had written them down.

Anywayyyyyy have a wonderful day/night!