chapter 8

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Ivy knocked on her brother's door, Carlos was with her. He offered to take care of him while she went out with Neymar.

The thought struck her as odd. She never thought she would ever be with Neymar again. And after he broke up with her, certainly not.

Finally, the door opened, revealing Ivy's brother. She saw behind him a woman about her age. She raised an eyebrow, never having seen girls with him, even in his own house.

"Hey, Ivy," Andre spoke, a smile forming on his lips.

"Hello..." said Ivy suspiciously.

Andre quickly realized why her tone sounded so strange. He did not have time to tell her he had a girlfriend.

"This is Amara, my girlfriend."

"Oh. I did not know you had one?" Ivy tilted her head.

Andre just shrugged, not knowing what to say next. Then he took Carlos in his arms to change the awkward atmosphere.

"Hey, big guy," Andre said, causing Carlos to chuckle slightly.

Carlos loved his uncle. Andre is one of his favorite people. Ivy can relate to that.

"I should get going now. Thanks again, Andre." Ivy pressed a kiss to her brother's cheek, then turned to her son. "And you, stay out of trouble, okay?" said Ivy before pressing a kiss to his cheek as well.

"Yes, Mama," said Carlos languidly.

Ivy nodded and walked away from the door. She got back in the car and drove to where Neymar had told her they would meet.

She could not help but feel excited. Spending a night with Neymar made her think they could change again.

Somehow, Ivy still had feelings for him. Part of her wished he would knock on her door and confess his love to her like he had the first time.

·

Ivy parked her car in the restaurant's parking lot. From the outside, the restaurant was previously only for rich people. Like Neymar and his teammates.

Ivy sighed before entering. She knew she could not order much, assuming everything on the menu would cost more than $100.

Ivy looked around at Neymar and the others, meeting Neymar's face. He waved at her, trying to get her attention.

She walked over to the table. Ivy saw a few women around her age, sitting at the table beside the other guys. She felt immediately relieved seeing other women, and not only men at the table.

Neymar was seated by her right, while a man she could not recall sat by her left. He had long brown hair and a brown beard as well. Ivy assumed he was jacked just as Neymar as she saw the muscles from his biceps. Everything about him made Ivy to be attracted to him.

The waiter soon came and everyone ordered. Ivy ordered the less expensive thing on the menu, which was Ravioli.

"So, Ivy right?" The woman in front of her said, looking directly into Ivy's brownish eyes.

"Yes, that's correct," Ivy said before drinking her water.

"Where are you from originally? You don't seem French to be at all." She spoke with such confidence, something Ivy lacked around new people. But the woman didn't seem to feel any form of awkwardness at all.

"Oh, I was born in Portuguese. I moved here a few years ago with my siblings." Ivy replied.

Many think she was born somewhere else since her name is so American.

"Ah, I see, what made you move here?" She questioned.

Ivy couldn't understand why this woman was this curious about her.

Ivy never viewed herself as an interesting person. Not interesting enough for a woman like her.

"My siblings and I wanted a fresh start. And I got a job offer here." Ivy answered. Memories of the old times in Portuguese filling her mind.

She remembered the first snow came. How excited she and her siblings were by the snow.

"You're a therapist, right?" Asked the woman. Ivy nodded, but couldn't understand how she knew about this.

"Neymar told us a few things about you." She said as if she read her mind.

Ivy's heart skipped a beat, knowing Neymar talked about her. She tried her best to hide the excitement from forming on her face.

·

The rest of the night went well. Ivy found out the woman's name is Shakira and is a famous singer.

Neymar and her shared only a few words the entire night. Ivy was disappointed in herself for not talking to him more.

But all this was still weird for her. She only recently met Neymar again. It's still strange.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Thank you for reading!