Chapter 16

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

It was around 7 PM when Ivy heard Neymar knock on the door. Carlos sat on the sofa, ready to go with his dad to his practice.

"Hey, come in." Ivy smiled at him, beckoning him to enter the house.

Neymar returned a kind smile to Ivy. Then he saw little Carlos sitting there, looking cute like always.

"Hey buddy," Neymar exclaimed. Carlos immediately jumped off the sofa, running into his dad's arms. "Papai!" Carlos said making the two parents slightly chuckle.

Ivy thought if it was the time for their talk. Like, he's right there, and Ivy was sure he'll be honest. He was always honest to her.

"Neymar, can we talk?"
Ivy asked with a soft tone.

Neymar seemed concerned about what she'll say. He agreed and Ivy sat Carlos on the couch, to watch TV as they speak.

Ivy walked Neymar to the kitchen, to have some privacy. Ivy did not want Carlos to hear this.

She leaned against the kitchen counter and her arms crossed over her chest. Ivy sighed quickly before she spoke.

"I heard everything last night."
She paused.

Neymar's eyes widen with panic, his jaw slightly dropping.

"Ivy, it's- Uh.." Neymar was unable to explain as he couldn't find the right words to it.

"Just tell me why we broke up."
Ivy stated.

"This might hurt your feelings."
Neymar uttured softly.

"Go for it."

·

"So your parents huh?"
Ivy asked with a light chuckle.

Neymar nodded.
He felt ashamed. Seriously ashamed.

"I talked to them. They realised their mistake. But I don't expect you to forgive them, Ivy." Neymar said.

"Yeah well, it's not the first time I've ever been compared to my mother." Ivy looked down to her feet.

"You don't think like your parents, right?" Ivy looked at him. His eyes were glued on her already, so their eyes met accidentally.

Neymar slowly walked over to Ivy and grabbed her hands, which Ivy let him do so. She kind of wanted to feel his touch again.

"There was not a single moment I thought of you that way. Ivy, you're not your mother, you're different than her. My parents were wrong for comparing you to her, and I apologize for listening to them. I love you Ivy, I really do."

Ivy's eyes soften. Her lips curved into a soft smile. She couldn't help but melt at his words.

Neymar was hesitant, he was not Ivy still felt the same way towards him.

Without saying another word, Ivy pulled Neymar into a kiss. A passionate, intense kiss.

Thirty seconds later, the two ex's pulled away, gazing into each other eyes. Neymar had his arms wrapped around Ivy's waist, while Ivy had her arms around his neck.

They were to afraid to break away from each other gases. They loved being like this. Holding each other till ever, was what they wanted.

"I love you, too."
Ivy tenderly uttered.

And for once, utterly content to hold each other again, like old times.

"Papai! Me bored, come on!"
Exclaimed Carlos, entering the kitchen with his tiny legs.

Ivy chuckled, releasing her hold on Neymar's. Which he obviously didn't like.

"Come here," Ivy told Carlos, then she picked him up from the floor, into her arms.

"Mama, I thought you hated Papai?" Asked Carlos. Ivy always talked badly about Neymar before he came back into her life again. It's kind of justified though.

Neymar turned to Ivy, his eyebrow raised, and gave her a smug smirk.

"It unfortunately changed, sweetie."
Ivy told her son, and Neymar shook his head with annoyance.

"Come on, son, we have places to be." Neymar said with a serious tone.

Ivy let him go and let out a laugh, a genuine one. After a long time for not doing so. She finally felt happy again, after all this time.

She questioned herself a lot. After Neymar left, she felt as if she wasn't enough for anyone. She blamed herself for Neymar's leaving.

"Bye, Sweetie, I'll see you later."
Ivy placed a small kiss on Carlos's cheek before they exited the front door.

Neymar looked at Ivy, expecting a kiss as well. Ivy rolled her eyes playfully before connecting her lips with Neymars.

"I'll see you later, too." She said as she walked away.

"I love you."
Neymar called out before he closed the door behind him.

"I love you too!"
Ivy shouted back.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Sorry for taking so long to post a new chapter. I am traveling right now, so I don't have much Wi-Fi.
But I hope you enjoyed this!
<3