Acceptance (Male reader)

As requested by psychotic_gay_chaos ! This is based in ending seven of John Doe plus, starting when you meet the "normal" version of John! Hope you enjoy!!! ^^

Y/N POV
I woke up quite abruptly, still processing the strange dream I had last night. The dream where I met that guy. I can't remember his name, but I do remember his appearance. Incredibly messy black hair, yellowish teeth and eyes, and scars running along his arms. It didn't really feel like a dream. It felt so real, yet fake at the same time. Everything was so surreal. I shook it off and got ready for work.

As I took the train to work, I noticed another man standing across from me. He looked oddly similar to the guy from my dream, yet so different. Same hair, but less messy, and the same clothes, but he was wearing his sweater properly unlike in my dream. His face looked much more normal than the man in my dream. He looked too plain for my liking though. I looked away, afraid that I was staring at him. I finally got off at my stop.

Two hours passed in the gas station. I still wasn't used to my surroundings after the dream. Everything looked much cleaner and more pristine, while in my dream everything was eerily distorted. Now that I think about it, the dream was much longer than my dreams normally were. I didn't think much more of it as the store's door opened. The same man from the train walked in, looking around before locking eyes with me. He walked up to the counter.

"Oh, good afternoon sir. Do you need help with anything?" I asked. He have me a warm smile. "Oh no, I'm just looking around! Hey, you smell really nice! What kind of shampoo do you use?" He asked. The funny thing was, I didn't shower today. "I actually didn't shower today." I replied. He paused. "Oh, I'm sorry! I wouldn't have been able to tell though, don't worry!" He replied. I nodded. "Thanks, I guess. Are you sure you don't need anything?" I asked. "What's your name?" The man asked in reply. "Oh, it's Y/N. It's on my name tag." I replied. He smiled again. "That's a wonderful name! Mine's.... Um, well...." He trailed off. "Just call me John Doe. Or John. Or Doe...." He finished his sentence. It was silent for a moment.

"So, any plans after work?" John asked. I shook my head. "No, I'm free after this. Why do you ask?" I asked. He smiled once more. "That's great! Maybe we could hang out then!" He happily answered. "I don't know... I only just met you." I said, hesitant. He looked distraught for a moment before speaking again. "There's only one way to get to know someone! Take a chance with me!" He urged. I thought about it. "Maybe you could, but I'll have to think about this a bit more." I replied. "That's close enough to yes, so I'll take it!" He said. We exchanged goodbyes, and he left the store.

After my shift was over, I walked out of the store expecting to see John somewhere. There was nobody there, so I only assumed he gave up. Then, I turned around, making eye contact with John. "Oh geez you scared me!" I said. "I'm so sorry! I tend to scare people on accident." He replied. "Do you like being scared?" I thought about what he said. It seemed awfully familiar, like I'm reliving my dream. "No, not at all! Why would I want to feel scared?" I asked. "Well, you are pretty cute when you're scared, though." He said. I paused for a moment. "Thanks, I guess." I said in reply. He smiled yet again.

"So can I come home with you?" He asked. I shook my head. "I don't know. I shouldn't let strangers into my house. I'm sorry, but no." I said, trying to let him down gently. He paused for a while, a look of disappointment on his face. "I thought we knew each other well enough already... Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded. "Yes, I'm sure. I have to get home now, it's getting late. Maybe another time okay?" I answered. He paused once more, before walking away. I went to the train station and waited for my train to arrive. I felt kind of bad for letting him down like that. He did seem really sweet.  It was for the best though, I'm really tired. Once the train took me home, I walked up to my apartment door, surprised to find it unlocked.

Well that's odd, I'm sure I locked it when I left. I open the door some more and enter my house. "Hello? Is anyone in here? I swear if it's that realtor again..." I said. (A/N: The realtor is a reference to house hunted!!! :3) I took a look around for a moment, my eyes glancing over John Doe. Wait, JOHN?! "Hello Y/N." He said, menacingly. "Ah! John? H-how did you get in here?!" I asked, panicked. He walked closer to me. I stepped back. "It's really unfair Y/N." He said. "What the hell are you talking about?!" I shouted. "It's unfair that you didn't take a chance with me. I... I did everything right... I did everything I thought you'd like..." He said, stepping even closer. "I can be anything you want Y/N! Anything!" He yelled. Suddenly, the world seemed to be glitching out, and his true appearance was revealed. He was the same John Doe form my dreams. "What's wrong with me?" He asked.

John Doe POV
Why was he doing this to me. I did what I thought was right. What was wrong? I can change anything he needs me to change. I could be "normal" forever I'd I have to! "Please Y/N... Just tell me what's wrong with me... I can fix it..." I begged. "Don't you love me, Y/N?" I asked. He looked very surprised. He sighed. "Yes, I- I do love you John." He answered. A smile was forming on my face. "But not when you're pretending to be something you're not. It's not right to force you to change, and..." He trailed off. He put his hand on my cheek. "We've seen each other before haven't we? I remember you so clearly now."

Silence filled the room. "Every night." I answered. "John." He looked me in the eyes. "We're just going to keep doing this aren't we? Meeting each other for the first time over and over again. It's a loop John, I finally figured it out. So..." He paused. I was terrified to hear his response. I want him to love me back. I don't want to be lonely in this loop. "Let's just see what happens." He said. I was shocked. "What do you mean by that? Do you..." I asked. He nodded. "Yes John, I do love you. I love you so much." He said with a smile. I dropped to my hands and knees, my face heating up.

I can't believe it. This is really happening. He actually loves me! I started to cry happy tears, Y/N lowering to his knees to hug me. "I love you too Y/N! You don't know how much this means to me! I'm happier than I've ever been in my entire life!" I exclaimed. But it still felt too good to be true. Why would he love me like this? I'm a monster. Wouldn't that other version of me be more ideal for him? "Y/N... Do you really love me like this? I mean, I look really weird. My teeth and eyes are extremely yellow, my hair is messy all the time, and I just look creepy overall. AND I act weird... I don't understand. Why love the real me when the fake me was a hundred times better?" I asked. He frowned slightly.

"John, I love this version of you. You're perfectly imperfect. Every flaw about you makes you the most unique and amazing person I've ever met. Everything about you is perfect John. It doesn't matter if you have yellow eyes and teeth, or messy hair. I love you for you." He said. He held my hands in his. I didn't have any doubts anymore. Now I know he really loves me. "Thank you... Thank you so much...!" I said through tears. He just kept hugging me. "You're welcome. Please don't ever put yourself down. I love you, John." He said. I sniffled. "I love you too! I love you so much!" I replied.

We kept hugging for a pretty long time, before I stopped. "Hey... Can I kiss you? I-it's fine if you don't want me to of course!" I asked. "Sure, go ahead!" He replied. I got really happy when he said yes, but I was still a bit nervous. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before turning away. Y/N grabbed my chin and turned my face to look at his, and kissed me softly in the lips. The kiss was soft and passionate. It was the perfect moment. We separated after a minute or so. "That was nice John. Thank you." Y/N said, smiling. "No problem, I... I love you so much!" I responded, hugging him again. "I love you too John! I'm so glad that you're happy." He said. We both kept hugging each other for what felt like hours. I love this man so much! We're going to spend the rest of our lives together, I just know it.

Oneshot finished! It took much quicker than expected lol! Remember to leave more suggestions! I'm fine with just about anything, just no pr0shipping type stuff!! See ya later!! X3

Wordcount: 1646