Someone Better (Male reader)

Basically in this oneshot, "You" (the player in the original game) and the reader are different people, and after ending 6, John realizes that You will reject him in every loop he creates, and he gives up and eventually falls in love with the reader :) (Kinda angsty and implied smut! ⚠)

John Doe POV
"No, John, I don't love you. I can't love you if you're going to keep being such creep. Just leave already." You said, rejecting me for what felt like the hundredth time. "But- I don't understand... I changed myself just for you! I did everything I thought was right, I did everything I thought you'd like! Why, why are you doing this to me?" I asked, saddened and confused.

"I'm sick of it! Every time I reject you, no matter how harsh I am, you just come crawling back. I hate living like this, and I hate you! Get out!" You yelled. All of a sudden, my ears started ringing. Why do I keep doing this? I keep putting so much effort into these time loops, yet it always ends badly. You didn't love me in the other loops, so why would they love me in this one? "I'm sorry You. I'll leave, for real this time." I said. I left the apartment for the last time, and headed home.

The next morning, I woke up in my trash-filled bedroom. I felt miserable, but at the same time, a little bit relieved. I didn't have to tire myself trying to win You's heart anymore. You wasn't even interested in me anyway. They weren't very nice to me either. Maybe I did make the right choice. But now what? I devoted my life to making sure You loved me, and now I don't have to do that anymore. I don't really have any other objectives anymore. I decided to go for a walk to clear my head.

As I was walking, I spotted a cafe across the street. I've never been to it before, but I've always walked past it multiple times. Maybe I should try to go out more often. I barely leave my house, and the only other places I've been to were the gas station and You's apartment. I crossed the street, and I opened the door to the cafe. I looked around, my eyes beginning to fixate at someone sitting at the counter.

Though I could only see him from behind, something about him seemed so captivating. He was drinking from a cup of dark liquid, though I couldn't tell if it was coffee or tea. There was a few other people in the cafe, about two or three, though they didn't seem as interesting as him. I sat next to him, looking at him but trying to avoid eye contact. He was looking forward, so I could only see his side profile, but he was very attractive nonetheless. He turned to look at me.

Y/N POV
The guy sitting next to me quickly looked away. He looked really nervous when I caught him looking at me. He didn't seem to have any ill intentions though. "Hey, I'm Y/N. What's your name?" I asked. He slowly turned to look back at me. I got a pretty good look at him. He had extremely messy hair, and he wore a hoodie that was only zipped halfway up. He also wore a black shirt with a red logo, which I swore was different than the one I saw before. Though he looked a bit strange, he was kind of cute.

"Oh um, my name's John Doe. But you can just call me John, or Doe." He answered, avoiding any sort of eye contact. "You have a really nice name!" I replied. His face lit up a little. "Nobody's ever told me that before. I like your name too!" John said. I noticed he hadn't ordered anything. "Are you going to have anything? I could pay if you want!" I offered. He nodded.

I ordered what he wanted for him, and we started talking about ourselves and what we've been doing recently. John didn't really have much to say, and he was really vague when talking about himself. I figured it was because we had just met and he was nervous. Other than that, he was actually pretty interesting. I looked at him again, and he seemed a little bit worried.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked. John sighed. "I feel like you're getting a little bored of me. I think I should leave." He replied as he stood up and started walking towards the door. "Hey, wait!" I said, grabbing his wrist. He stopped, and I grabbed a pen from my pocket. I wrote my phone number on his hand since I didn't have any paper.

"You're not boring at all! I think we should hang out more in the future. Call me any time, okay?" I said. His pupils dilated, and he gave me a little smile. "Thank you so much! I'll call you as soon as I can!" He replied. We said our goodbyes, and he left the cafe.

John Doe POV
After that day, me and Y/N hung out for a few months. I've had feelings for him ever since we met, and I feel like he loves me too! He's treated me better than You ever could. I think giving up with You was the best choice I could ever make. I don't need You anymore. All I need is Y/N, nobody else. It feels like we were meant to be together. I'm going to tell Y/N how I feel.

I decided to clean my house before inviting him over. I put all of the garbage in my house into trash bags, taking them to the dumpster across the street. I swept, vacuumed, and mopped the floors. I made my bed, washed what little dishes I had, and moved some furniture around until I was satisfied with the result. It looked much nicer than it had before. I think Y/N will love it!

I called Y/N, waiting for him to pick up. "Hey John! What's up?" He asked. "Can you come over if you're not busy? I have to talk to you about something really important." I replied. "Sure! I just have to finish my shift, I'll be over as soon as possible." He replied. We both hung up, and I waited by my front door.

After about 45 minutes, I heard a knock on my door. I opened it, Y/N standing in front of me. "I'm here! So what do you need to talk about?" He asked. I welcomed him inside, and we sat on the couch. "I'm going to tell you something that can hugely impact our friendship. Promise not to get mad?" I told him. "I won't get mad at all, you can tell me anything!" Y/N responded.

Y/N POV
John sighed, and held my hands in his. "Y/N, I love you. I've loved you since the day we've met. You make me feel loved and appreciated, and I hope to make you feel the same way too! Do you love me too?" He asked. I was extremely surprised. He loves me too! My heart was beating extremely fast. "I love you too! I'm so happy that you feel the same way!" I replied. John's face lit up, and he tackled me into a hug. "Thank you Y/N! I love you so much, let's be together forever!" He exclaimed.

We stared into each other's eyes, before slowly moving in for a kiss. We stopped for a moment, and I got on top of him. "Is this okay? I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything." I asked. He nodded, and we continued to make out. He again stopped to take off his hoodie, throwing it onto the floor. We continued for around five minutes, but it felt like forever. "I love you so much Y/N! You're so pretty... I want to stay like this forever!" He exclaimed. Nobody's ever called me pretty before!

"I love you too John! You mean so much to me!" I replied, kissing him once again. Suddenly, he leaned forward and got on top of me. John started to kiss my neck, before it became light biting. "Y-You're quite affectionate today, huh?" I said, trying to keep my composure as he made love bites on my neck. "I can't help myself, you're just so beautiful Y/N!" He replied, continuing to bite my neck. He stopped for a moment, and I caressed his cheek.

"Why'd you stop?" I asked. He smiled, his eyes filled with lust. He sat me upright, before sitting on my lap. "Can we do more than kissing?" He asked. My face became incredibly red. "I wasn't expecting that, but of course! Are you sure though? We've only been dating for about... 15 minutes." I asked. He put his hands on my shoulders. "I'm sure, but only if you want to!" He answered. "I do, and don't worry, I'll be gentle!~" I assured him.

John Doe POV
The next day I woke up in my bed, Y/N's arm around me as he slept. We were both naked, my blanket being the only thing covering us both. Y/N slowly started to wake up, and he held me closer than before. "Good morning John, how was your sleep?" He asked, his voice raspier than usual. Even his morning voice was to die for.

"It was good! Last night was pretty fun too!" I answered. "I'm glad. I wasn't too rough was I?" He asked, a little bit concerned. I shook my head. "Nope! It was great! I love you so much Y/N!" I answered, nuzzling my face into his chest. "I love you too John. I'm so glad we're together." He said in response, kissing my forehead. I was so happy! I finally felt loved and appreciated. I'm finally being treated with the respect I deserve. I never needed You in the first place. Y/N is all I could ever dream of.

Hope you liked this one! I'll be sure to write another one soon! :)

Wordcount: 1713