Alive (Trans Male Reader)

HOLY SHIT OVER 104K READS?!?!?! WOW THAT IS LITERALLY SO AWESOME TYSM GUYS!!! You guys are literally the best ilysm 😭❤️ But anyway, basically in this oneshot you're obsessed with playing John Doe+, and while you're at work he escapes your computer and pays you an unexpected visit 0_0 All this ensues while trying to live with the general struggle of being trans. Wrote this one for my fellow trans guys out there since I realised I've only been writing cis male oneshots! Enjoy!

Y/N POV
I sat at my computer, staring at the monitor that displayed the same visual novel game I had been playing for months. The game in question being John Doe, and I was obsessed with the main love interest in the game of the same name. Since the developer released the extended version of it, I've been even more infatuated with Doe.

But throughout these past months, I've noticed some slight changes in the game. There would be dialogue that I haven't seen before, slight changes to Doe's character sprites, and the background music changing as well. I figured it was just new updates, but the developer never mentioned any and the game was still same version throughout those months. I brushed it off, thinking it was just a few glitches.

Combined with my bad posture and wearing my binder for hours on end, my back was killing me. I said I would take a break, but I've been replaying this game for hours on end. Sometimes I wouldn't even progress in the game, I would just talk to Doe as if he were a real person. It's fucking pathetic, I have to admit. But he's been my only source of comfort. Maybe this wasn't the most healthiest of coping mechanisms, but at least it's not physically harming me. Besides the back pain, of course. That still hurts me a ton.

I finally decided to stop playing, but I didn't turn off my computer. I turned away from the screen, took off my binder, and changed into some pyjamas. I decided to click on Doe's forehead for a bit, simulating head pats of some sort. Again, really pathetic, but this has become a nightly routine at this point. This sounds crazy, but maybe he actually felt it? That actually does sound crazy now that I think about it...

I kept clicking, when suddenly, his sprite changed. It was one of him blushing and smiling, holding his cheeks in his hands and looking up at the mouse icon. I was confused, but when I blinked he changed back to his previous sprite. I checked the time, and it was 11:47 PM. Maybe sleep deprivation was causing me to hallucinate. I crawled into bed, grabbing one of the pillows on my bed and hugging it tightly. This was also apart of my weird nightly routine. Then, I fell asleep.

John Doe POV
Y/N had been playing the game I was trapped in for so long. He told me so much about himself, his work, his life in general. He was completely oblivious to the fact that I had heard every word he said. And I guess he never noticed his webcam light was on. He's the love of my life, but I was never able to feel his touch, I could only look at him and listen to his soothing voice. Until now, that is.

I had figured out how to break free from the game, but I could only explore the many other games and programs he had on his computer. Same thing with different websites. I had also figured out how to surpass those limits, and escape the computer entirely. I could finally break free, into the real world. Into Y/N's world, so we can finally be together.

I watched Y/N as he slept. Tomorrow was the day. I had already prepared the computer for my escape, and planned to escape the computer once Y/N went to work, and I would pay him a surprise visit. I wanted to jump out of the computer and hug him right then and there, but I had to wait. I didn't want to scare him off, though through his responses to my dialogue he said multiple times that he liked being scared.

Waiting all night was unbearable, but eventually Y/N's alarm woke him up. I quickly got into my previous position that Y/N left me in. He walked up to the computer. "Morning, Doe. I gotta go to work again. I promise we'll talk to eachother more this afternoon." He said sleepily. I wanted to reply so badly, but I knew I would blow my cover. Y/N got dressed, clicked my forehead a few times, and left his room.