VHS Tape (Gender Neutral Reader)

Okay this one is basically a John Doe + Sunny Day Jack crossover lol!! After unpacking your belongings after recently moving to Uncanny Valley, you come across a VHS tape that you have no memory of packing. After playing it, Sunny Day Jack suddenly appears into your life. And after getting a job at the gas station and meeting John Doe, you find yourself conflicted between the two. Hope you guys like this one!

Y/N POV
I was bringing out the last of my stuff from the moving van, watching it speed away as I carried a box of my clothes up to my apartment. It took a while, but I finally got all of my furniture, dishes, clothes, and other miscellaneous items into my new apartment. It was going to be a fresh start in a new city, like I've always wanted. Well, I would've wanted to live in a nicer house, but I didn't have that kind of money. But other than that, everything is turning out pretty well for me so far.

As I was hanging up the last of my hoodies, something fell out of its pocket. It was... A VHS tape? How did that get in there? I mean sure, my dad gave me a bunch of VHS tapes before I first moved out a few years ago, same with his old VHS player. But I've never seen this one before. I read the slightly dirty label, "84 - INCIDENT" scrawled on it in smudged black ink. I was suspicious of the tape at first. But, a part of me was curious as well. What could possibly be on this tape? I set it on my bed, continuing to unpack my stuff.

After everything was neatly organized and sorted to my liking, I looked over at the VHS tape again. It felt like something was drawing me to it, making feel as though I just had to see what was on it. Well, I have nothing better to do today... Might as well see if there's anything interesting on there. I grabbed the tape, walking into the living room. I had already set up the VHS player earlier, so all I had to do was put the tape in. I did just that, grabbing the TV remote and turning the TV on.

After a few seconds of watching the tape, my vision became blurry, and I was starting to get a bit dizzy. I could barely hear anything on th TV, the ringing in my ears louder than my own thoughts. Everything was becoming more and more incoherent by the second. Was I dying? It felt like I was. I was confused, and even a little bit scared. I couldn't tell what was happening on the TV, but I knew I had to turn it off. I tried walking over to the TV, but I collapsed after taking the second step.

Sunny Day Jack POV
I was zoning out a bit, before realizing where I was. I appeared to be in an apartment, noticing a bunch of empty boxes stacked in the corner of the room I was in. It felt weird to be in a new environment after all this time, but it was certainly a nice change of scenery as well. I looked down, noticing someone unconscious on the floor. Wait, someone unconscious? What are they doing on the floor?! I knelt down, picking them up and  trying to find a bedroom of some sort.

After I found their bedroom, I layed them down on their bed. I placed my hand on their forehead, checking their temperature. They seemed to be fine. I was still worried about them though, which was odd considering that I just met them. I don't even know their name... But I still felt compelled to care for them. I remembered being somewhat trapped in that old VHS tape, but now I'm here. I guess they must have freed me from it somehow. I'm glad for that.

About half an hour later, I noticed their eyes beginning to flutter open. They looked at me for a moment, before a look of pure terror appeared on their face. "Who are you.... What are you doing in my house?!" They asked, sitting up. They started to hyperventilate, before I calmed them down a bit. "It's okay, I won't hurt you. I'm Sunny Day Jack, but you can just call me Jack for short! You were unconscious on the floor of your living room, so I brought you to your bedroom. I hope that's okay!" I responded. They looked a bit confused. "Right, I guess I should explain everything, should I?" I asked, with a nervous chuckle.

After I explained everything to them, they looked a bit skeptical. "So wait, you're telling me that you're the ghost of an 80's children's show host, and that you were trapped in that VHS tape before I played it?" They asked, a look of disbelief on their face. I nodded, as they sighed. "Well, this is obviously some sort of weird dream and you're not real. It was nice talking to you, but I'm ready to wake up now." They added. I placed a hand in their cheek. "This isn't a dream, all of this is real. I owe you so much for letting me out of that tape. I haven't caught your name yet, what is it?" I asked. They tensed up a bit, before responding. "It's... It's Y/N."