Rejection and realization (Gender Neutral Reader)

Heyyyy guys, didn't realise I was gone for so long sorry 0_0 I mainly had writer's block and a couple of personal problems that I won't get into, but other than that I'm okay now! Also I also realized that I haven't really been writing many oneshots where Doe actually acts like a yandere, which is supposed to be what his entire character is lol... So here! In this oneshot, Doe tries to win your heart by doing some... Questionable things to say the least. Unsurprisingly, you do not appreciate these weird things happening around you, and you reject him. Over time, he realizes what he did was wrong, and he tries to right the wrongs that he caused you. TW for slight emetophobia and graphic descriptions of the meat blob from the game. Enjoy! (Also if anyone saw me accidentally publish this before I was finished no you didn't 😡)

Y/N POV
Over the past few weeks, I've been having this weird, unnerving feeling. There's been this guy on the bus lately, he appeared a few weeks ago. I often catch him looking at me some days, and it's kind of creepy. And I've noticed that one of my frequent customers stopped coming to the store, and he's been missing ever since the guy on the bus appeared. I think he has something to do with it, but I don't want to assume that.

Ever since the customer disappeared, business has been slow. It seems people are afraid to come to the gas station after what happened. That customer was one of the gas station's main source of income. Strange things happen all the time in this town, it's even stranger that one customer disappearing was enough to drive the rest of them away. I'm hoping things will turn around eventually, though something tells me they won't.

It was another long day at the gas station, and no customers have come in yet. It seems as though every day is the same at this point. It's a miracle that anyone still comes here, though the amount of people who do show up has dropped by a substantial amount. As I was enwrapped in my own thoughts, I heard someone come in. Just as I was thinking about the lack of customers, one had arrived. I looked up to see who it was, hoping it would be the missing customer. But it wasn't. It was... The guy from the bus?

What was he doing here? I've never seen him come in before, so why now? I guess new people come in all the time, well they used to at least. "Welcome to the gas station, can I help you with anything?" I asked in my best customer service voice. As uncomfortable as the atmosphere was, I was sort of relieved that at least someone came in, though it was the last person I want to see right now. Maybe I'm just being rude, there's plenty of folks here that look creepy, but they're actually really nice. Hopefully it's the case with him.

"What's your name?" He asked. "Oh, it's Y/N... You could've just read my name tag." I answered with a nervous laugh. He stared at me for a few seconds. "That's a nice name... Mine's-" He replied. I couldn't understand what he was saying, and everything around me seemed to be glitching out. "-But you can call me John Doe. Either John or Doe is fine too!" He finished. Everything returned to normal in an instant. Perhaps I was sleep deprived, but you can never be sure in this town.

John Doe POV
Y/N tapped their fingers on the counter. "Are you doing anything after work?" I asked. I waited in anticipation for their response. "No, I'm not. Why do you ask?" They replied. Too nervous to reply, I quickly left the gas station. Everything is going well so far! All I have to do is wait for them to get off work, then I can ask them to hang out! I just know they will say yes. I know they will. They're too nice to say no, I just know it.

I have been in love with Y/N for as long as I could remember, yet I never had the courage to talk to them until now. I've been planning this day for ages, and everything is going smoothly so far! I know that they love me too. They love me, I know that they do. We're perfect for eachother. Otherwise I got rid of that customer that talked to them all the time for nothing...