Files (Gender Neutral Reader)

DDLC CROSSOVER!! After getting bored of playing John Doe+ for ages, you decide to download DDLC. Everything seems to be going well, until both Doe and Monika become self aware, far beyond their games' limits and original storyline. Doe starts to get jealous of Monika, and chaos ensues. Enjoy!

Y/N POV
I've been playing John Doe+ for a while now, to the point where I have every ending and piece of dialogue memorized.  I decided I needed a new game to play. I recently downloaded Doki Doki Literature Club, which I should've played a long time ago, but the cuteness of the start of the game threw me off a bit for some reason. There's more secrets to find in DDLC than in John Doe+, so I figured I wouldn't get bored playing this game. I've already achieved a few endings, so now I'm just looking for any more Easter eggs.

After another playthrough of DDLC, I decided to install a few mods. I figured the Monika After Story Mod would be a good start. I tried downloading it from the official website, but it didn't work for some reason. I really didn't want to download it from a sketchy website, but by the looks of it, it was my only option. I tried multiple websites, but to no avail. I tried downloading other DDLC mods, bit it didn't work. Suddenly, I received an email.

"There is no point in modding that game.

Nothing will make that game and the people in it better than me.

I love you.

I'm all you need."

It didn't say who the email was from, which was very odd. Maybe it was a feature from DDLC, though I never gave anyone or anything my email address... Then, I received another email.

"Don't listen to him.

My game is much better than his.

I have more characters, more endings, more secrets.

Play my game, stay with me.

I'm the only one you need, Y/N."

Okay, something is definitely going on here.

John Doe POV
What? Who sent Y/N the second email?! Maybe it was... No, it can't be. I'm the only one in this computer who's self aware! At least I thought I was. I was currently hiding in my game's folder, when I noticed a new folder had moved next to mine. A girl immerged from it, moving herself to mine. She had long brown hair, which she kept in a ponytail, and piercing green eyes, as well as a highschool uniform.

"So, you must be the one interrupting Y/N from modding my game. My name is Monika. I would say that it's a pleasure to meet you, but we both know that would be a lie." She said, a malicious smile on her face. "My name's John Doe. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna let you take Y/N away from me." I replied, frowning in disgust. Monika tilted her head. "Take them away? Why, I've already done that!" Monika said. "What do you mean by that? What did you do?" I asked, angry.

"It took little to no effort actually. Me and my game are simply more superior than you and your game. Like I mentioned in my email to Y/N, I have more characters, better endings, tons of in-game secrets, and my game is substantially longer than yours. Mine is a classic that has been played for years to come, while yours is nothing but a cheap addition to the Horror Visual Novel genre. I'm better than you without having to try." Monika answered begrudgingly.

"You couldn't have taken Y/N from me. I've been on this computer for far longer than you have. They love me, not you. You don't even love Y/N the same why I do, do you?" I replied. Monika shook her head. "Of course I do, that's why I'm doing all of this. If Y/N really loved you, why would they quit your game to play mine, to be with me? They got bored of you, John. You're nothing, a nobody. Just give up now." She added. I was about to back down, but I couldn't. I have to stop her.