Recovery (Transfem Reader)

Requested by CottageCoreo ! Basically after being rejected and loathed by your parents for being trans for years, John helps you recover from your trauma :) (TW FOR RELIGIOUS TRAUMA, TRANSPHOBIA, AND MENTIONS OF PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABUSE. If you're uncomfortable with any of these topics, I suggest skipping this oneshot as to not make you upset. (Also, D/N = deadname))

Y/N POV
"You can't just leave, we're your family D/N!" My mother shouted angrily. "If you don't want me to leave, then why do you treat me like this? Why do you treat me like I'm an abomination?! Just let me leave if you two hate me so much!" I asked. My father stepped forward. "We're trying to fix you using the Lord's guidance, D/N. We won't allow our son to be brainwashed into thinking he's something that he's not!" He added. I was starting to get really angry.

"Stop calling me that! My name is Y/N, I've told you that many times before." I yelled. "You're delusional! You were born a boy, so you'll stay a boy. Changing your name is disrespectful to me, I named you myself." My mother responded. "If I'm so delusional, then why do you pray to someone that probably doesn't exist? I've been forced to pray for years, yet none of my prayers have been answered. If God exists, why hasn't he helped me?" I asked. My father stomped his foot.

"You're not deserving of his guidance! You're a confused heathen, and you're sick in the head. You'll never be my daughter D/N, NEVER." My father remarked. A tear rolled down my cheek. "I can't live like this anymore. I hate living in this house, and I you both!" I screamed at them, before my father slapped me. More tears formed. That day, I grabbed my bags, and ran out of that house for the last time. That day was two years ago.

I had been traveling from town to town for the first year and a half since I left, before settling down in Uncanny Valley. I had found a job at a gas station after someone quit and a position opened up. I had also found an apartment with cheap enough rent. I had started hormone replacement therapy a month after leaving my parents. For the first few weeks of living here, I was being bothered by a mysterious realtor. Luckily, I haven't seen or heard from him since. Since leaving my parents, I have been all alone. I've been struggling to cope with my trauma. Some days I believe that leaving was a mistake. But I know I did the right thing.

I was working at the gas station, feeling rather dysphoric. To make matters worse, I had a reoccurring nightmare about my parents last night, so I didn't get a very good sleep. I couldn't bother to shower that day either. I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings when suddenly, the door opened and someone walked in.

John Doe POV
I entered the gas station, hoping to find a snack or something. I was walking to the chip aisle, when the cashier caught my eye. She was so pretty, beautiful even. Something about her was just so captivating. My pupils dilated, and if I had a heart, it would be pounding in my chest right now. I completely abandoned the idea of getting a snack. I had to talk to this absolutely gorgeous girl.

I quickly walked up to the counter. She seemed to be zoned out, before noticing me. "Oh, hello! What can I help you with today?" She asked. Even her voice was beautiful! And she smelled really nice as well. I conjured up a response. "Do you use a specific shampoo? You smell really nice!" I replied. She scratched the back of her neck. "No actually, I didn't shower today. I-It's not like I didn't want to shower, I just, um... Forgot? I'm sorry, I'm making this awkward aren't I..." She nervously replied. She's really cute when she's nervous.

"It's okay! So, what's your name?" I asked. She pointed to her name tag. "It's Y/N, says it right here. What's yours?" She answered. "It's, uh... John Doe. I really like your name, it's very pretty." I replied. She smiled, her cheeks tinted with pink. "Thank you! I like yours too. Do you mind if I call you Doe?" She asked. "I don't mind at all!" I replied. So far this conversation was going very pleasantly.