ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

𝗥ayne lay on her side with one hand propping her head up as she looked out the window of their bedroom

𝗥ayne lay on her side with one hand propping her head up as she looked out the window of their bedroom. It was the next morning, but the clouds looked angry as they spilled their stored-up liquid; if she didn't have a clock around her, she might not be able to tell what time it was.

It was a fitting ambiance if she was being honest with herself. The plans she had for the next hour were completely selfish and self-centered, but she didn't care. At the center of everything, there she was. From being tossed around by her father for looking like Nadine, to being thrown into mafia business because of Matteo, to finding out that she has another brother, it felt like everything in her life was manipulated by outside forces – like she had control of nothing at all.

That was changing.

Today would change that.

She lowered her eyes from the noisy window and looked at her boyfriend sleeping peacefully beside her. His soft breaths were blowing the few strands of blonde hair from his face; he looked like an angel. Realistically, he'd always been one; since they've gotten back, he'd been even kinder, even sweeter, and more understanding than she ever deserved.

Just an hour ago, at six in the morning, they had mutually woken up together; he pleasured her well, giving every ounce of his person to her in hopes that she would do the same. And she did – she always would, but speaking truthfully, her mind was anywhere but this bed during that time.

All she could think about was tiring him out so she could slip out of the house and away from his watchful eye. She loved Rueben, and she was glad he was such a strong wall for her to lean back on, but in this moment, at this time, she needed to do things alone.

She wouldn't get that if he was conscious.

Rayne pulled herself out of the covers, quickly and slowly crawling toward the end of the bed. When her palms stealthily slipped between his legs, she used her arms and abs to swoop herself into the air, over his body, and to the floor. She gently removed the pressure of her hands off the mattress as she looked at Rueben to make sure that he hadn't woken up.

He moved his mouth a bit, and turned over an inch, but other than that, his breathing and closed eyes indicated that he was still asleep and he wouldn't be getting up for a while.

Happy that her plan was working, she turned and walked into the bathroom. Last night, when her boyfriend was making them snacks, she came in here and stored the clothes she wanted to wear today. It was the only way she knew she'd be able to sneak out without waking him up. The drawers of her dresser were much too squeaky and much too obvious to dig through.

Once she was dressed and her laces were tied securely, she slipped out of his room. With a very quiet click of his door shutting, she turned and tiptoed down the hallway of bedrooms. Luckily, Mason spent the night at Kai's, and Blake still lived upstairs, so the only room she needed to sneak past was Isaac and Taryn's. She breathed out a breath of thanks as she reached the end and no creaky floorboards alerted her to anyone else being awake.