ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ - ɴɪɴᴇ

"𝗠averick, slow down!" Jase yelled behind him

Ignoring the scrambling sounds of his teammates trailing him, he pushed forward, running on one fact and one alone. As he darted around the scattered desks of the lower police officers, he focused on the encryption and what was missing from it; the very pages that he shamefully, wistfully scanned.

The more his shoes slapped the linoleum, the more he recalled exactly who it could have been. No—scratch that, he knew who it was, and all he had to do now was prove it.

His hand wrapped around the knob of Jonah's office at the same time a flood of two more voices came from the opposite direction. Upon lifting his eyes, he met up and locked information with Auden and Rueben; both of whom were running and shouting in their direction.

They must know something.

Maverick stepped back, bumping into Blaine in order to give the other two room to enter first. The moment the door was flung open, they all filled in like water out of a ripped pool. And almost immediately following that, the small four-walled space erupted with voices.

His side was speaking on the information they found out about the document; Blaine was pulling it up on his phone and shoving it in Jonah's face, wondering why the hell they got the bootleg version of it and if someone tampered with it. Rueben was going on about the accident that occurred at Rayne's building this morning and Auden was trying to calm him down.

Nothing was getting solved.

Maverick, getting annoyed by the lack of order in the room, pushed past his friends and scooted to where Jonah was sitting at his desk. Without a word spoken, not that it would have been heard throughout the noise present, he grabbed the back of his chair and pushed him out of the way, giving him full access to his computer and the police database; luckily, he was already signed in.

"What the hell are you doing?" he asked, grabbing his wrist.

He wiggled from his grasp and grabbed the mouse once more, doing his best to concentrate on the more evident part of this mystery they'd been trying to solve. He knew Jonah was growing anxious as well as agitated when he gave up trying to fight him and stood from his discarded chair.

"Everyone!" he looked around, "Shut the fuck up!"

All but the sound of the keyboard clicking stopped.

"One at a time!—please."

Before anyone on his side could bring up what they found out, Rueben stepped forward and began laying down his truth. Everyone knew that because they were family, he was going to go first regardless, and that was just a fact; nothing was stopping that.

"I need you to find Rayne, now."

"Rueben that's not such an easy thing to do—"

"I don't care! She needs help!"