ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ - ꜰɪᴠᴇ

𝗕laine plopped down on the free cushion of the couch, joining his friends in the common area

𝗕laine plopped down on the free cushion of the couch, joining his friends in the common area. His sister was sitting in the single chair off to the side, legs bent over the arms, remote corner pressed to her cheek as she lazily changed the channels, not finding anything interesting.

Jase sat to his left in the center of the couch, Maverick on the far side. The two of them were focused on some video game synced to their phones; luckily, their competitive words weren't being exchanged at a volume that was too loud, though a part of him wished they were. Even though she was the quietest out of the lot of them, Eden's absence took a heavy toll, at least, in his opinion. It would be nice to have something else fill the hole she left behind.

"There's nothing good streaming," Franki groaned, leaning back.

"I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find something."

"I have," she let the remote rest on her chest, "There's nothing."

"You're not looking in the right places, that's why," Jase tuned in.

"Yes, I was."

"No, and maybe you should listen to others instead of being so loud and so wrong."

Franki kicked her legs off the arm of the chair and stood up. She marched behind the couch and shoved the remote into his chest, slamming him back into the cushions at the same time. Blaine raised an eyebrow as Jase shot her a glare, yet the corners of his lips were turned up—he didn't even make a noise of displeasure at the fact that she interrupted his game.

What really stuck out to him, however, was the look on his sister's face. Normally, an action like this would have a scowl etched into her features, and while she was trying hard to mimic that former reaction, it was obvious she didn't feel that. Her eyes were glittering underneath the false lighting and her hand was applying such little pressure, that if she shifted, the remote would fall.

With Eden gone and getting the help she needed, he had become unknowingly more interested in the lives around him. He knew that Jase and Franki hadn't admitted their feelings to each other out loud, but something must have happened recently for a moment like this to occur.

He was happy for them—he hoped she'd finally let someone in.

After all this time, she deserved love and not the burden of Ezra.

"Find something then, dumbass," she remarked, moving away.

"Yes, princess," Jase smoothly answered without a beat.

Blaine and Maverick snickered quietly as Jase got a slap upside the head in her departure to the kitchen. Just as she had done a few minutes ago, he took up the task of finding something entertaining, completely ditching the game he was just playing Maverick in.

Speaking of him, he slumped in his spot, returning to being what he had been all day: glum—in a mood. No matter what he was doing, his phone was always glued to his hand, his eyes stuck to the screen. He had been like this since yesterday with no explanation, and he had a feeling he knew who it was caused by.