ꜱɪxᴛʏ - ꜱɪx

𝗘nzo stood on the edge of the bridge between the broken guardrails, glancing down aimlessly

𝗘nzo stood on the edge of the bridge between the broken guardrails, glancing down aimlessly. His eyes trickled over the air bubbles that were attempting to keep the flipped car afloat. The more he stared, the more movement he captured; even if the twins magically popped out right now, even in the back of his mind, he knew that this fateful meeting was not quite finished. The three of them would meet again, and only then would he enact what he'd always wanted.

His eyebrow twisted lightly as the dented passenger door of the Challenger ripped through the air, signaling his supposed partner's arrival. He listened to the sound of his footsteps dutifully, heavy with conviction. Either two things were about to be said the moment he reached his side, and considering the reason Demetri's boyfriend was dead was currently underwater, it didn't take a genius to guess which.

"What're you waiting for?" he demanded, stilling beside him.

How perfectly predictable.

"What do you mean?"

"The gun in your hand," he grabbed his wrist, showing him, "Are you planning to use it or not."

Enzo blinked at the firearm, having not realized it was there prior. From this position, he could see the empty shell in the chamber. That was probably the only part of this entire scenario that was in his control. And by that, he meant that he wasn't the one who picked it up, just like he wasn't the one that entertained a car chase for the last twenty-some minutes.

Just like I wasn't the one who got us shot.

"No," he turned to their car.

"And why is that?—don't tell me you're just going to let them walk away."

"I don't believe I said anything like that."

"Yeah, well, your actions speak louder than your words."

Now, that he wasn't entirely wrong about.

If anyone had said that to him a few months ago, he would have spun on his heel and proved them wrong, right before putting a bullet between their eyes. He would have mercilessly attacked his opponents while knowingly acknowledging that they couldn't fight back all because he was always above fairness. Things since then had changed.

Admittedly, he had a different bone to pick with each of the twins, but he wasn't going to confront it when there would be no satisfaction for dessert.

"Let's go back to base; these two are incapacitated."

"Hardly!"

As his foot hit the pavement with another step, he felt Demetri's meaty hand grab his shoulder; he was yanked back a second later. The lack of toothpaste became annoyingly obvious as he shoved his face in the negative air between the two of them.

It disgusted him.

He disgusted him.

He was as pitiful as the body they buried a month ago.