Chapter 4: Remember

~~6 years later~~

~~Stiles~~

In 1 year, I start high school and because schools out the year will come and go really quick. Dad has kept his promise and no longer drinks to cope with his feelings. 

He's 6 years sober and I'm very glad. I'm at the Doctors for my monthly check up to make sure I'm still all clear and my dad and I are waiting for Doctor Gardner to come back. 

The door opens and he turns to us, and he tells us "Stiles do you remember when you ran from home and left, the house?" I look at dad seeing him tense up and I look back at Dr. Gardner asking him "Why are you asking?" 

He looks at me and to my dad as he asks, "Well do you remember how you got there?" I look down as I think back, and I answer "Well no I just remember kind of just waking up there. 

I never knew how I ended up in the woods and ever since even after years I still have no idea. Why?" 

He gives a look before looking to my dad "Let's talk outside really quick." He opens the door waiting and dad looks to me. I smile telling him "It's okay, I'll be fine. Beside your just outside the door." 

He smiles and gets up going out with the Doc. When they come back my dad says, "Just answer he knows." 

My eyes widen, and I look at Dr. Gardner as he says, "So tell me what you do remember before waking up in the woods." 

I look down then to my dad who nods, and I take a breath before telling him "Okay well I remember getting hit 2 twice and the second one knocked me out, which is what I always though could be why I don't remember how I ended up in the woods." 

He then turns to my dad and asks, "What do you remember?" He too takes a breath before saying while looking at the ground and I know he never talks about it with anyone outside the rehab. So, I know this must be hard especially with me in the room and he says "I remember I hit Stiles twice and the second one it did knock him out . . . 

But then he jumps up turning punching me in the jaw and then when I blink, he's somehow on my back putting me in choke hold. He then suddenly lets me go and I say "Freak" under my breath. 

I watch as he opens the door leaving and I just get up going to bed. I then wake up going down the stairs seeing the glass and I realize what happened wasn't a dream. 

I rush to Stiles' room and soon I call anyone and everyone to help find Stiles. That is what I remember and then I vowed I'd never dink to numb my feelings because Stiles wasn't ever the monster . . . I was." 

After I look down think and Dr. Gardner asks "Stiles? Do you remember any of that?" I just shake my head and I'm in shock. 

Dr. Gardner then says, "I have a feeling I know what this is but to be sure I want to do some test if your open to it." I sit there thinking and I look up at my dad, I ask out loud "Umm, can I think about it?" 

Dr. Gardner says, "Of course you can, but let's go ahead and schedule the next appointment to follow up. You can tell me what you decide then." 

Dr. Gardner asks about the date and my dad tells him whether or not it'll work while I'm sitting here have a crisis of sorts thinking what the hell's wrong. What the hell does he think is wrong, is it serious? What is it!

He leaves us alone and my dad asks, "So what you are thinking?" I look up as I speak my mind which is going a million miles an hour which in turn makes my words run out at a million miles an hour making it hard to understand and my dad says interrupting my gibberish rant "Woah, woah, woah! slow down their flash talker." 

After he knows I stopped talking, he steps up to me looking me in the eyes telling me "Whatever it is we'll be okay and take it one step at a time, alright?" 

I nod and he smile saying "Good now let's go home unless you want to talk to the Doc about taking him up on the offer." 

I shake my head no and respond "No, Let's just tell him that I'm leaning towards doing the tests but to do them next time." My dad nods and I stand up as we leave the room to go home.