Chapter 5: Void

~~2 Months Later~~

~~Stiles~~

We're at my next appointment and my anxiety starts to worm into my system as we wait for Dr. Gardner. When the door opens, he says, "Hello Stiles so what are we doing today?" 

I look at him answering "Let do the tests." He smiles and nods before asking "Do you want your dad present or not?" I look over at my dad and nods to the doc. 

I smile and look up saying "My dad and I talked and thought we'd have him wait outside the room or anywhere you need him." 

He nods and turns to my dad telling him "Then I'll ask you to wait outside while I take Stiles to get the test done and if it'll make you feel better, I'll have Nurse Mccall assisting me today." 

I see my dad relax a bit at hearing that melissa will be present and I do too. After that Dr. Gardner gestures me to follow and I look to my dad who follows us out. 

I look at him and give him a hug before I continue to follow Dr. Gardner while my dad turns the opposite way to the waiting rooms.

~~timeskip~~

~~Stiles~~

I've been in this room for a few hours and Melissa is asking me a few questions when the door opens. Some guy in a uniform comes up and grabs Melissa by her hair tossing her to the floor. 

I retreat backing up till my back hits the wall and I look around but notice a second guy guarding the door. I start breathing heavy as he gets closer, and he grabs my arm pretty tight. 

I clench my eyes tight as he pushes me up the wall and I start shaking as I start to black out from my lack of breathing. Then I think I hear someone say, "Don't worry Stiles, I'll protect you." I then black out going limp and my mind sees nothing but darkness

~~Void~~

I open my eyes and grab his arm pulling it back hearing a loud snap followed by a cry of pain. I look to the other one and he opens the door fleeing away. 

I go up to the woman that got hurt and I ask "You, okay?" She looks at me with wide eyes and she looks from me to the guy back to me saying "Are you!?" 

I nod and stand-up glaring at the man. I go up to him and I grab his ear pulling him down so I can talk to him. Once he's in level with my face I warn "You ever hurt a woman again and I'll do more than break your arm. Got it!" 

He nods and I let him go yelling "Get out!" He runs for the door that is still open while holding his broken arm and I look around checking for anything else. 

Right as I was leaving the woman speaks saying "You're not Stiles, are you?" I open my eyes turning to look at her and I tell her "No, no I'm not." 

She stands coming up to me and looks at me and asks "Who are you? What's your name?" I look at her and I answer, "I'm Void, I'll see you around." 

I close my eyes and I let sleep take me. I go to sleep but remain aware of everything around us and once I know it really is safe, I let my hold on Stiles go.

~~Stiles~~

I open my eyes as I realize I'm no longer against the wall or struggling to breathe and the door is open. I see Dr. Gardner walking up to me and he says "Well then, that was extreme and not what I thought would happen. Just as I thought and it's very extreme." 

I swallow not getting the memo of what is happening and ask, "What are you saying?" He looks at me as if he just now saw me and explains "I thought you might have something called DID or dissociative identity disorder and what happened here confirms it. 

But damn kid you literally broke someone's arm with your bare hands with not even a sweat and without a second thought. Geez remind me not to get on your bad side." 

I look at him shocked with my jaw hanging open as I try to comprehend what he just said, and I can't remember anything. After a while he tells me some treatment methods, but I decide against them and soon I'm brought to my dad where Melissa explains what happened. 

Then after that my dad and I are walking as I think about what Melissa said "He asked if I was okay and that makes me think he's the protector. A protector is part of the system where the protector is just that a protector that protects the system sometimes taking drastic measures to ensure the safety of the host and/or the system. 

Stiles you are the host and Void is your protector. Whether or not you have a system is to be determined. See you later and take care . . . Both of you." 

We just get home and I get out walking up the drive. I grab my keys opening the door and I leave the door open as I walk into the house my mind starts racing. 

As I walk up the stairs and into my room, I remember that voice that said he'll protect me and too not worry. I then think this must have been Void and I start thinking that's impossible, so I go to my computer to search it up.