Chapter 3. Head Start

"I wanted to talk about few things. Thats why i brought you here". Tae started. He had taken an off as Mew suggested. He wanted to talk to Gulf and for that the lake view park was the best choice.

"What is it about Phi"? Gulf asked in a calm tone. He knew Tae was upto something since morning. He was kind of contemplating, he could see him frowning.

"Its about the decision our parents took for us". Tae started with a sigh. He was looking in the space, pausing for a while and those few moments were hell for Gulf.

"Its not that i have any objection to it. I am not committed to anyone. Nor in any relationship. You have well adjusted here and with Mew and Thanitt too.

But...".

"But what Phi"? Gulf licked his dry lips.

"See. You will be starting a new life in like 2 weeks. New friends new environment. I want you to enjoy your life fully. Have fun. Achieve your goals. I dont want to burden you with the responsibilities of married life.

I dont want you to hold back thinking you have to rush back home because you are married. I dont want to bound you Gulf".

"Will you be bound if married to me Phi"? Gulf asked him. Tae turned to him for the first time.

"Bound me? Of what? I have no friends, no hobbies no interests. My life revolves around work and home. I have no curiosity to explore". Tae replied in a clam tone.

"Phi. I know what Dad and Mom had planned when they sent me here. I .. I have always thtought about you Phi. I dont need any friend if that requires to stay away from you". He said lowering his gaze but Tae could clearly say he was shy.

"You have no objection? Even if i am 10 years elder than you"? He could hide his surprise.

"Uhm. No. Why would it matter anyway. You being elder and mature than me would guide me. Would cater all my childish mood swings. You are caring and loving. And even if you are not in any relationship or interested in anyone, but that wont stop me being insecure.

If you want to take time i have no issue, but you are no where boinding me. I believe you will be my wings Phi". Gulf held his hand that was covered with Tae's.

"Am glad i kept myself from falling for anyone, because even if i never thought, i wanted to keep myself for you". Tae took his hand to kiss the back of his palm and his eyes gleamed with love to see Gulf all cutely whining and blushing.

"Lets break the news to Mew and Thanitt tomorrow. Hmm"? Tae held his chin to lift his face up and Gulf nodded. At this moment he wanted to scream to the world that the amazing man sitting in front of him belonged to him only.

They had a nice evening spent. Planning to talk to their parents and then their engagement ceremony. Gulf wanted to keep it minimal so Tae bargained with a lavish wedding and reception.

Tae took him to the mall to choose the rings of his choice. They did a little shopping for their closed engagement party and gifts for Mew and Thanitt as a token of love.

Gulf saw how attentive Tae was towards him. He let Gulf decide everything, sharing bits and pieces of his choice too. He didnt hover Gulf. He didnt impose on him.

He didnt stop Gulf when he bought a tee shirt and a perfume just for him with his own savings. Thgh he had made a mental note to open an account for Gulf and chip in for his everyday needs.

The moment he decided to spend his life with Gulf, he felt a new responsibility in him. To provide for them. He knew Gulf was not at all broken. Infact he might be way more rich than his age fellows in the university he would study in, but it was his personal savings. He didnt want Gulf to spend them like this. So an individual account for Gulf was the top priority now.