Chapter 22. Best Man

"So the Lion is tamed". Mew started off raising a toast to the newly wedded couple making everyone laugh. "Tsk tsk tsk. Tae Darvid you disappointed me. The CEO of multinational chain of Automobile engineering and electronics. The cold hearted, stone cold voice. The one where no one can look into his eyes or speak in front of him, and he, he lost to a Kitten. The gold medalist of our university, a genius, ofcourse a step less than me, but i never thought a boy could handle you and tackle you so easily". Mew was constantly teasing Tae who tried to shut him up by glaring at him but it wasnt his day.

He could recall the moments of him teasing Mew at his wedding and how on earth Mew wont repay him. Everyone was laughing, looking at the stage where Mew was giving his best man speech, roasting him.

"Okay. Lets get serious. Honestly i didnt expect when you call me to be your best man. I thought it should be Thanitt, its his place, he is the best person but i am honored. Standing here, at your auspicious day. Gulf, i dont know how is he with you but let me tell you". Mew looked at Gulf who was looking back at him with awaiting gaze. "The person sitting next to you, your husband, he is the most reliable man on earth. The most handsome,eligible, most intellegent man. He is the bestest friend one can ask for. He is the best brother one can wish.

I have seen him how he treats Thanitt. He fulfilled his every wish before he even spoke. I am sure he will be the best husband ever. I am sure you both would have talked about your future life. It will be changed for good after tonight. The label changes, the heart changes, everything takes a turn but its in your hand to make is better. I would just say one thing. Never let any outsider intrude in your personal life, not even me or Thanitt. No one has any speak to meddle in between your life or relationship.

You are not answerable to anyone to explain how much you love Tae, or how much Tae pampers you. Its all about balance. No one can replace your parents, your friends in your life, so it would be fair if you accept his relations in his life. I will make sure no one dare speak a word in your wedded life, but inside those closed doors, make sure everything is perfect between you two so that when everyone see, they would only find happiness and no loop to poke their noses. You getting me right"? He asked Gulf who nodded with a smile.

"I am sorry if i am being too serious,  but, this is what i was taught by Dad because he stood by my side on the wedding day of his son. I dont know what my mom dad would have said, but i am thankful to Dad for always guiding me. I am saying it all as your big brother. You can always talk to me if you need an advice, or a shoulder. But i would prefer if both of you talk to each other first. And Tae, i know how much you cherish him, love him. And i am sure you will protect him from all evil eyes". Mew raised his toast and everyone raised too to acknowledge.

The music started playing, calling all couples for the dance. Tae and Gulf joined their friends and family for their first official dance.

"Did Mew overwhelm you"? Tae asked Gulf who put his head on his shoulder. He was worried may be Gulf was thinking too much.

"No Phi. He didnt. He said what Mom told me the other day. I am just happy". Tae smiled at him being so honestly cute. They were just swaying their bodies side by side. It wasnt the only night for them, it was the beginning and they knew it. They could feel the excitement of this new title rushing in their blood and heart. Gulf had never witnessed any close wedding, but Tae, he could now understand why Thanitt was so nervous. The jittery. His excitement. How his eyes were stuck at Mew when Tae took him to Mew. He had seen how all confusion, all hustle bustle died as soon as Thanitt saw Mew waiting for him, blinking his eyes off the tears.

He had experienced it all today. How Mew helped him calm down. How Mew helped him get ready and all he wanted was the clock to chime at 2 in the noon. He was constantly staring at the path where Gulf had to come and his heart started beating fast when the music started playing, indicating the groom on the way.