Chapter 10. Tough Times

/*Memories Flashback*/

"What happened Thanitt"? Mew asked Thanitt as they met in his apartment. It was weekend and luckily Mew got a free saturday from his company where he was working as a junior manager with Tae.

Thanitt was in his final semester and had mostly his projects going on. He would usually spend the time with Mew at his apartment whenever they would be free.

Thanitt's parents and Mew's parents had easily accepted them both without putting up their egos. And Tae was happy to welcome Mew as his brother in law because Thanitt was happy. He would often tease Thanitt that he shouldnt have fallen for someone dumb, boring and nerd like Mew but at the end he would laugh when Thanitt would chase him around to defend Mew as the best choice ever.

They had their own world, and yes demons too. Mew realised when he once went to pick Thanitt from univeristy and everyone taunted them to be faggots.

Mew bear it all, sheilding Thanitt from all negativity and hatred thrown at them. But it wasnt easy to say. There was a moment when Tae suggested Thanitt to change his university but they dropped the idea. It was his final year and leaving his university meant to make other people happy who hated them.

Thanitt braced himself to listen to every single comment of mockery and insult thrown at him. Or Mew. He would usually stay alone. Quiet. But that wont keep others silent.

Mew knew it all. He was his strength. He would take him out, but even then they had to listen to people calling them disgusting and mean names.

Homosexuality, it wasnt something people were okay with. Or that they could easily digest. Everyday, it would be a new series of curses they had to listen. But.. They were together in it.

Until one day...

Mew was waiting for Thanitt to show up at his place since morning. And soon he heard the all too familiar door bell ringing. A big smile stretched on his face to welcome his love but he frowned to see Thanitt worried.

"Baby. Hey... Thanitt". He stumbled on his feet when Thanitt hug him tight crying in his arms".

"Ssshhhh. Come here". He took him inside and sat down on the couch. Only then he received a call from Tae.

"Yes Tae".

"Thanitt reached"? He asked in a worried tone.

"Yeah but what happened? He is crying non stop. Someone said anything"? Mew was worried, asking Tae while rubbing Thanitt's back.

"He.. Uhhh. I think it would be better if he tells you himself. But just to say me and mom dad dont agree to him. And i am sure only you can change his mind. Let him stay with you as long as he wants. Take care of him Mew". Tae said with a deep sigh before disconnecting the call. But that only added to Mew's worries.

"Baby. Talk to me". He helplessly asked Thanitt who was clutching his shirt tightly. Not even letting him to move. So Mew let him calm down. He kept whispering sweet nothings, kept kissing his head, his fingers until Thanitt stopped crying.

"Better love"? He pecked his forehead who nodded his head and excused himself to freshen up. Mew stood up too to make breakfast for both of them. He knew Thanitt would want to skip it but he wouldnt let it happen.

Thanitt came out of the bathroom wearing Mew's clothes, something he would always do, and how Mew loved it.

"Come baby. Lets have breakfast". Mew softly kissed his temples before taking him to the table. It was everything Thanitt loved.