The Waiting Room (Mini-Chapter)

"Martivich, what do you think of Emma?" The voice inside of my head asks. I don't know how to respond immediately, I guess I never thought of this before.

"Well, I trust her. I even trust her with my life, and I saved her life so she owes me hers at least." Clair stays silent through all of this. "She's entertaining to be around, she takes good care of herself."

I notice something about myself, "She is extremely pretty, and she's kind. She plays an important role in my life, I think she saved me in a way. And..." I lose myself in thought.

"I think I love her." Clair stays silent. "Yeah, I do love her. Emma means so much to me, I was alone for so long, so many treacherous years, so many times I contemplated suicide. And so many friends and family lost, but it finally feels like a have a grip on something I'm my life."

"Emma makes me feel like something is right in my life. She makes me feel whole, happy." I find myself sitting on the floor. "She makes me feel like there is a chance that the world isn't just a dark wasteland of despair and sadness, but a place where life is worth living."

Clair joins in, "You see yourself as a gardener and her as the last flower on Earth? A precious flower that you can't risk losing. The tiniest splash of colour of the black and white canvas you live in?"

"Exactly, she's the last flower on Earth."

Cracks begin appearing above, light penetrating through. "Well Clair, it was nice meeting with you again."

"Don't fret Martivich, we will meet again. You still have a way to go before you're free from the cruel God who put us, put you, here." Clair waves me off.

The light surrounds me, and I disappear from Clair's vision.

"The last flower on Earth, it's a shame flowers always end up wilting away. But I hope he makes the right option, I can't have him being selfish, everything is on the line." The lights disappear as the fog consumes all, Clair vanishes.