Chapter 6

****Authors note: Hey everyone! I'd just like to thank you for reading this if you are ^.^ please share this story if you are enjoying it, it would really help. Also, read my really awkward short story 'Awkward Wedding'! That you lovelies :D BAI****

After the song ended, Niall and I decided to find out where Holly went off to, for I had no clue where she was. Plus, we have to leave in an hour. We search all over the lounge for her, but there's no sign of her anywhere. We go upstairs, but even then she isn't there either. We decide that she must be in the casino, for that's the last room in the building. We run in there, looking at everyone. It's almost hopeless. But no faces belong to Holly. We run back out, straight for the guard. I really hope she didn't walk outside.

"You two again? Look, your drunk friends are still sitting over-"

"NO!" we yell.

"What do you want then?" he asks.

"Did a girl my age walk outside?" I ask.

"Actually yes. About half an hour ago." he responds.

"Dammit Holly! I'm going to kill her." I grumble, walking outside with Niall.

We search the perimeter of the building, searching for Holly. All we found were 2 passed out people on the sidewalk and a couple making out near a bush. I zip my leather jacket up tighter. It's surprisingly freezing. Niall puts an arm around me.

"I can't see her. Where do you think she went?" Niall asks.

And as if on cue, my eyes go immediately alert to the street. And there she is, a drunk Holly, walking towards the street.

"Niall!" I scream. Holly is only a few feet away from going on the street. "Get her!"

Adrenaline fills in my body as Niall and I sprint to the street. Holly is already standing in the middle of the road. I'm ahead of Niall for all the adrenaline in my body at the second. Suddenly, of course, at the worst moment possible, I step in a pothole. I fall to the ground, inches from the street. And just like that, my face is covered in blood, and a scream comes out of my mouth.

"NIALL!" I scream helplessly.

My eyes are still glued to the street where Holly stood. And I say stood for a reason. Her bloody body lay 2 feet away from me. Her face, lifeless.

I feel Niall's hand on my back. Hot tears stream down my face. I bury my head into the grass I fell in.

"No... We were too... Too..." I can't get it out of my mouth.

"Let me phone 911." Niall sighs, getting his cell out. "What's the street name?"

"We're just on... Portage." I sigh.

I let out a wail. My best friend was just killed in front of my eyes. I don't think I will ever drink again. Not after what just happened. Not like I drank before anyways.

Niall hangs up the phone and looks at me. He holds me in a hug, watching the few cars drive by. He rocks me back and forth, humming 'Little Things' to soothe me. I curl up on his lap, my head on his chest. I need a minute to calm down. I need to accept the fact she's gone. I look at Niall. I can see his face is nearing the verge of tears, even though we all only met today, erm, yesterday.

"Niall. She was the only reason I was able to meet you. She invited me. If it wasn't for Holly, I would've... Never met you." I look up at him.

Niall just stares at me in complete silence. The only sound is the faint sound of police sirens nearing us. I look towards the street, watching the police cars drive up, along with an ambulance. Niall and I stand up and walk towards the cars.