Not so different (Gender neutral reader)

As requested by horny_police ! Basically you and John have the same personality and you're both obsessed with each other lol! (Also slightly suggestive near the end but nothing too bad!!)

Y/N POV
I woke up one morning to my alarm clock, immediately shutting it off. I didn't bother to shower, so I just changed my shirt and socks. I ate some toast and headed to the train station as quick as possible. I got on the train, waiting for the man to arrive. I've seen him dozens of times on the train before. I don't know what it is about him, but I'm OBSESSED with him. Even though we haven't spoken, just seeing him every day makes me overjoyed! The train's door opened, and the man stepped through.

He stood across from me, like he always did. I couldn't help but stare at him, admiring him from afar. He looked at me, and I quickly turned away from embarrassment. I'm sure he didn't see me staring right? I took my phone out, pretending to text someone while glancing at him. I got off at my stop and walked into the gas station. I went to the back and put on my apron, rushing back to the counter.

After an excruciatingly slow hour, the door opened. It was the guy from the train! I adjusted my hair so that it looked less messy, and prayed that I didn't smell too bad. He walked up to the counter. I cleared my throat. "Hi, what can I help you with today?" I asked. He stared at me for a second. "Oh, nothing. I'm just looking around..." He responded. I never actually heard him speak before, but his voice was to die for. I got even more nervous than before. "Alright then! Are you sure? I can help with anything you need!" I asked. "You smell really nice. Do you use a specific shampoo?" He asked. "I actually didn't shower today, hehe!" I responded.  He stared at me again. Tension filled the store. "What's your name?" He asked.

"Oh, it's Y/N! It says it right here." I said, pointing to my name tag. He smiled. "Oh, that's a pretty name! Mine's uh... John Doe. You could just call me John if you'd like." John replied. He called my name pretty! And now I finally know his name. "Are you doing anything after work?" He asked. I thought about it for a few seconds. Wait, is he asking me on a date?! He totally is! "No, I'm free after work! Why do you ask?" I asked. He stood there silently, before exiting the gas station. I was quite upset. Did I do something wrong? Maybe I should've showered today. Then again, he did say I smelled good. I don't know. I continued my shift.

Once I was done with work, I took my apron off and walked out of the gas station. I walked by the gas pumps when suddenly, John appeared. "Oh, you scared me! Hi John!" I said, happily. "I'm sorry. Do you like being scared?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah, not all the time though. And no need to apologize!" I answered. We looked at each other again, before John spoke. "Can I come home with you?" He asked. Oh my god. He's totally asking me out!! "Sure! Let's head to the train station!" I said excitedly, grabbing his hand. We walked to the train station together, getting in the train. We sat together, still holding hands.

John Doe POV
Once the train stopped, we got off and headed up to Y/N's apartment. They unlocked the door and lead me inside. They had a much cleaner house than I have. They sat on the couch, patting the spot next to them. I sat beside them. They rested their head on my shoulder, causing my face to warm up. I love them so much! They're the reason I take the train every day, the reason I walked into the gas station today. They turned to look at me, the prettiest smile on their face. "I've been waiting for this for a while now John!" They said. I was a bit confused. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Ever since I first saw you on the train, I've become obsessed with you. I've been watching you for a while now. I love every single aspect of you. You're perfect, John!" They said, cupping my face in their hands. "We're meant to be together John! I love you so much! Do you love me back?" They asked. I was at a loss for words. Y/N loved me back? AND they're as obsessive as I am?! I never thought we could have so much in common! I'm even more in love with them now! I kissed them passionately, my arms around their neck. They wrapped their arms around my waist.

After a minute or so, we pulled away from each other. "Of course I love you! You're the reason I take the train every day, Y/N! I built up the courage to actually talk to you in the gas station today. I'm so happy you feel the same way as I do!" I replied. They looked so happy when I said that. They're absolutely adorable! "Thank you John! I'm so happy! I love you I love you I love you!!" They exclaimed. We both laughed, Y/N losing balance and accidentally pinning me down to the couch. (A/N: "accidentally" my ass 💀)

We slowly stopped laughing, realizing the position we were in. My face felt hot, and the smirk on Y/N's face wasn't helping. They leaned closer to my face. "You're pretty cute when you're flustered, did you know that John?" Y/N whispered in my ear, their breath making me feel all tingly. I didn't know what to say, so I just nodded. Y/N caressed my cheek. They kissed my cheek, moving down to my neck. I tensed up a bit, the sensation on my neck sending shivers down my spine, face completely red. They stopped, smiling at me before resting on my chest. Still incredibly (but pleasantly) surprised, I wrapped my arms around them. "I love you John!" They said, kissing my cheek again. "I... I love you too!" I reply, holding them tighter than before.

Another request finished! I'm writing a lot to make up for lost time. I still have two more requests to write, so if I don't get to yours right away please don't take it personally!

Wordcount: 1097