002.

chapter two

chapter two

chapter two

Vivian found herself wandering. She had skipped classes, she didn't really care for once, everybody including the teachers didn't care today. Not with the big game tonight, nobody barely showed up in classes. Plus, all she really had to do was work on the newspaper, and Nancy had that all covered anyway. Vivian was looking for Chrissy.

She usually saw her at least once in the hallway; their lockers are close together. She knew she was at school today because she was cheering during the pep rally... unless she left early for some reason. Vivian's thoughts clouded her mind, per usual, as she ended up creeping towards the woods near the soccer field, or the football field, she wasn't paying attention.

She was walking slowly, yet stopped in her tracks hearing an unusual, yet familiar voice. Now was she obsessing over that moment in the cafeteria or is that? It was the Munson boy, the Hellfire boy. What was he doing out here? She then heard a fit of laughter, familiar laughter as well, and not to mention: female laughter.

Chrissy?

There was no way she'd be out here in these woods, especially with someone like Eddie Munson. What was she doing? But as the voices kept talking Vivian had no doubt in her mind the two people within earshot were Chrissy Cunningham and Eddie Munson.

Vivian gulped, nearing closer and closer to the two, and she could make out them sitting on a picnic table in front of one another. Eddie had a box on the table with bags flowing out of it. What was that?

Vivian's presence did not go unnoticed for long as the sound of metal clanging flooded her ears as Eddie seemingly had shut whatever box was resting on the wood, putting it close next to his thigh on the seat. Vivian froze as the laughter subsided and she was now standing in front of the two, on Chrissy's side. "I-I didn't mean to interrupt anything-" she stuttered nervously as Eddie's wide eyes stared directly into hers and she couldn't tear her gaze from his. "I was just, just trying to find Chrissy, and-"

"Vivian," Chrissy muttered, standing up from the picnic table and dusting off her cheer skirt. "You didn't interrupt anything, right?" She cleared her throat, glancing back at Eddie whom was still staring at Vivian, grasping onto the box beside him.

"Nothing," Eddie spoke up. "Nothing at all." He cleared his throat, standing up from the table and doing a little spin on the ball of his heel, taking the metal lunchbox up with him. "Just a pair of old friends catching up." He smiled that smile, the same type of smile he smiled in the lunchroom, the smile that made Vivian feel that feeling.

"Viv, are you ok?" Chrissy questioned, clearly not being ok herself. Vivian finally diverted her gaze from Eddie to Chrissy, nodding reassuringly.