011.

chapter eleven

chapter eleven

chapter eleven

After leaving the high school: the gang ended up in the Wheeler's basement. News flash for Eddie and Vivian: this was kind of a popular spot for the group whenever this 'upside down' crap would go down.

While Steve and Dustin were trying to explain the situation to Lucas Sinclair (who had been celebrating with the basketball boys this whole time), Vivian couldn't help but wander the basement, looking at all of Mike Wheeler's little figurines and trying to tune out the sound of Steve and Dustin arguing over what kind of wizard Vecna was.

As much as she didn't want to go home to her step mother, she really was questioning it now. This was all too overwhelming and she honestly didn't know if she was strong enough to take any more of it.

She put a toy back onto a shelf and glanced over to the other side of the room. Eddie was sitting on the couch next to Lucas. He looked to be listening intensively to what they were talking about. Vivian hoped he didn't feel as worn out as she did, and she could see it in his face that he didn't. He was stronger than her.

She slowly walked over to the group, feeling ok enough to enter back.

"Dinosaurs?" Steve asked, making Vivian's ears perk up. "What are we?"

"Okay," Lucas spoke up. "But if a gate didn't exist in the 50's, how did Vecna get through?"

"How's he getting through now?" Eddie asked.

"And why now?"

"And why then? Just pops out in the 50's, kills one family and he's like, "I'm good." And poof, he just disappears. Just...gone? Only to return 30 years later and start killing some random teens?" Steve rambled: "No, I don't buy it." Once he finished his rambling, he finally plopped down in a chair after pacing back in forth in front of the couch.

The boys apparently decided to notice Vivian's presence now: "Oh, hey Viv." Steve sighed.

"Hey," she gave him a tight lipped smile, nudging his arm indicating for him to scoot over in the chair. Steve scooted over as far as he could (which wasn't much) and Vivian sat halfway on the chair, halfway on Steve.

She almost forgot Max Mayfield was also in the room. She was in the corner, writing in a very focused manner.

"Any idea what she's writing?" Dustin tried to speak in a quiet voice. All five of them turned to look at the back of Max's head.