006.

chapter six

chapter six

chapter six

"I'm freaking out, man," Eddie mentioned as he paced back in forth throughout his trailer. Neither of them knew how he managed to drive home from Family Video. Vivian about had a heart attack on a couple occasions during the short drive, but her being in the car was the only reason he didn't spin it out of control.

"Eddie, just come sit down." Vivian had been asking him to sit down for the last half hour. "Please," she added, which was the cherry on top, making him finally listen.

Eddie looked at her with vulnerable eyes before he sat down on the couch next to her, immediately laying his head on her chest and her hands fell to his hair, brushing through it gently. "The best thing we can do is listen to Steve right now and just lay low here."

"I know," he replied in an almost whisper, hating that Harrington was right for once. "I should be the one comforting you." Eddie was never a vulnerable person around others. He didn't like to show his emotions around people he didn't want to show them to, but something about Vivian comforted him so much and allowed him to open up in a way he wouldn't open up to most people.

"Shh," she murmured. "It's been a hard day. I don't think we'll ever be the same after this day." She laughed, shaking her head.

"Come here," Eddie sat up, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and pulling her deeper into his side. Vivian melted into him; they fit together next to each other like a glove. This was an odd pairing: Eddie and Vivian, yet it felt so right. It felt like they've been doing this for years, or at least it felt like they should've been.

"Does this feel weird to you?" Vivian asked in a quiet voice, making Eddie furrow his eyebrows.

"No, not at all... it feels the opposite, actually." He confessed.

"That's what's weird." She commented, making him raise his eyebrows now. She wasn't wrong.

"Huh," he added in an impressed tone. "I guess so."

"Well, do you normally hold your friends like this?"

"No," Eddie grimaced.

"Exactly."

"You're not my friend though, are you?" Eddie questioned. What even was she? Why was she even here in the first place? Before all this weird upside down shit.

"You don't think we're friends?" Vivian's head popped up from his chest and she looked at the boy trying not to act offended by his question.