008.

chapter eight

chapter eight

chapter eight

The next morning Eddie and Vivian met the rest of the group outside of Eddie's trailer, but not by choice. Their alarm clock consisted of extremely loud, obnoxious knocking on the front door of the trailer, making Vivian jump up in the bed, subconsciously spilling just how paranoid she really was.

As Eddie wattled to the door, he genuinely expected to see Henderson or Harrington at the receiving end. Not Nancy Wheeler, yet there she was.

"Can I come in?" Nancy cleared her throat at the sight of Eddie's bed head, trying to avert her eyes from him. She never really spent any time to get to know him, but she knew of him. She knew he was the leader of the school's D&D club and that her brother Mike was a part of it.

"Uh, I guess." He moved out of the way, letting her enter. As soon as she walked out of the doorway Eddie peaked his head outside of the door. "It's just you, Wheeler?" He questioned, expecting to see the rest of the group.

"Just me," she replied with a soft tight-lipped smile as she sat down on the edge of the couch, pressing her fingertips into her skirt.

"Uh, well, I don't think you're here to see me." Eddie laughed nervously.

Vivian could hear the voices coming from the living area. And as soon as she heard Nancy's she froze. It wasn't that she didn't want to see her, it was just that she didn't want to see her right now, not under these circumstances. She was worried at what Nancy would think of her and the fact she had chosen Eddie Munson's house as a sense of consolation.

Vivian knew she couldn't hide in his room forever and the more she just sat there in Eddie's bed and thought, the more anxious she got. She quietly climbed out of the bed, making sure she looked semi straightened out before exiting the room with a significant amount of caution.

Upon entering the living room, Vivian didn't hear any commotion and walked in on Eddie standing in the room silently while Nancy sat on the couch, looking into the distance, also, silently. Their attention's were both captivated by the presence of a new person in the room and Vivian didn't necessarily want to make eye contact with either one of them.

"Viv," Nancy exclaimed in a breathy voice as she stood up off the couch, running over to embrace her best friend, to which Vivian returned immediately.

"Steve told me everything." Nancy stated, letting Vivian go from the embrace and looking in between both Viv and Eddie. Vivian gulped, her mind going to her recent relations with the boy in the room; but it couldn't be that. Steve didn't know that. "That you guys know about the upside down."