009.

chapter nine

chapter nine

chapter nine

"Hey, so where are we going exactly?" Eddie questioned Nancy from the back seat where he sat next to Vivian. She was the only one who seemed to know what was going on and she wasn't sharing any of her thoughts despite them being a couple minutes into the drive.

"The library," she breathed out plainly, not caring to elaborate much.

Robin began to babble about something, Vivian couldn't even take note of it she tried. Everything was just going straight over her head, except the sensation of Eddie's leg brushing up against hers.

"Sorry," he whispered with a stupid smirk that she scoffed at, but secretly adored, which he knew.

"Stop that." She whispered back.

They soon pulled up to the town's library and Nancy wasted no time in getting out the car, making everybody else follow suit.

"Help me get this straight." Robin started as they all piled up to enter the library. "Chrissy's uncle thinks that Victor Creel escaped from Pennhurst Asylum and that he's the one running around Hawkins committing all these murders?"

"Pretty much," Nancy replied shortly. She was clearly agitated at not just Robin talking every second in her ear, but at the entire situation itself.

"But Victor committed the eyeball murders like way back in the '50s-" Robin went on talking until they got up to the front desk. Nancy desperately rung the bell for the librarian, drowning out Robin's constant speech.

"Coming!" The librarians voice finally called out.

Eddie and Vivian stood behind Nancy and Robin while they spoke to the librarian about the archives.

"So are we just not gonna talk about it?" Eddie whispered in her ear, sending shivers down her spine that she could feel to her very core.

"About what?" She whispered back, not making eye contact with him.

Eddie placed his pointer finger under her chin, guiding her head up to meet his gaze and then taking it away as her eyes were successfully lost in his. "I'm serious, Marsh."

Vivian parted her lips to say something, but nothing came out.

"Guys," Robin called out as they were already walking towards the basement. "C'mon."

As soon as Robin turned back around to walk Vivian found the courage to respond to Eddie as they followed her. "Nothing really happened, I don't know what you want to talk about. I mean-I." She stumbled over her words, afraid to accidentally admit something she shouldn't.