007.

chapter seven

chapter seven

chapter seven

After not hearing from Nancy for hours, Steve and the rest of the gang decided to go home for the night to get a couple hours rest before they woke up and attempted a crack at this case again. The monster finally had a name, due to Dustin and Eddie connecting it to some villain in the D&D universer: Vecna.

(a couple of hours ago)

"Please, Max," Dustin pleaded with the red-headed girl for her to try and explain the state of Chrissy Cunningham when she walked up to her. "This will be the last time today. There has to be something here. There were no particles? Nothing?"

"No," Max shook her head in a quiet, calm yet frustrated matter. Vivian felt a strong sense of empathy as she watched the girl struggle to find the words. "There wasn't anything you could see, or touch, or anything." She sighed, "I tried to wake her, but it was like she was in a trance or something." Max confessed, looking up from her gaze at her lap to the group.

"Or under a spell," Dustin muttered. Eddie watched him as he could basically see the gears of Dustin's brain rotating. 

"A curse," Eddie added.

"Vecna's curse." Dustin added onto the back and forth moment him and his mentor were having.

"Vecna?" Vivian questioned, bringing the two boys to turn their attention to her by the way she said the character's name. "Isn't that something from D&D?" She asked, making a smirk appear on Eddie's lips. 

"What the hell is a Vecna?" Robin questioned. 

"Are we really talking about D&D right now?" Steve added, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"He's like a spell caster, a wizard of sorts." Vivian rambled, beating Dustin to it, who just dropped his jaw at the sound of Vivian's D&D knowledge.

"That's my girl," Eddie mumbled.

(end of flashback)

Eddie closed the door after as soon as the last person had both of their feet outside. He lingered his hand on it, putting his weight onto his hand with a great sigh. "My brain is officially fried," he admitted to the only person left in the room.

"Yours and mine both." Vivian replied from the corner of the couch where she was sat with her knees to her chest. She hugged her knees as she stared into a blank space. Today also officially took the record for the world's longest, craziest day ever.