004.

chapter four

chapter four

chapter four

Vivian followed Eddie, wherever the hell he was going, she didn't even care. For some reason she felt like putting her life in his hands: whatever happened tonight she was allowing him to lead the way.

"Shit, shit," Eddie murmured what seemed to be his favorite word as he stood outside of an old van. Vivian hated cursing but the way his voice changed whenever he did it made her want to laugh, even though he was clearly frustrated about something.

He knew as soon as he checked the time the deal with Chrissy was a lost cause, there was really no way to find her and the probability of her waiting by his van for two hours was a big stretch. It was probably better for him not to start supplying her with any sort of drug anyway; she seemed frazzled enough to him as she was.

"Am I allowed to be filled in, or?" Vivian finished her question with a nervous chuckle as she wrapped her cardigan around her tighter, crossing her arms along with it.

Eddie leaned against the side of his van, running his fingers through his hair and he debated whether or not he should tell her. Vivian had lasted this long with him and the conspiracy of this being a prank started to wear off in Eddie's mind. "So, I was supposed to meet Chrissy here after the game."

Vivian's heart dropped at the sound of her friend's name. What was going on between Eddie and Chrissy? "Oh,"

He could hear the confusion in her voice and he made a slight hissing sound as he clicked his tongue. Eddie didn't want Vivian to think poorly of him, or change her perspective about him but he knew he had to explain further. "So earlier today when you walked in on us in the woods," he began and she nodded her head, following along. "We were meeting there because Chrissy had come up to me in the hallway before 2nd period. She was really frantic, paranoid almost." Eddie explained, knitting his eyebrows as he stared at the gravel in the parking lot. "Obviously, she had asked around and found out that I happen to supply weed to her fellow classmates, sometimes." He added with a tight-lipped smile as Vivian's expression didn't change much. She wasn't surprised by this confession at all, she expected him to be into that stuff, if anything. But Chrissy?

"Chrissy asked you for weed?" Vivian questioned. "That's not like her, Eddie. She's cleaner than me, she doesn't go anywhere near that stuff"

"That's what I'm telling you," he mentioned with his big eyes widening. "She was acting weird, like something had happened but she kept claiming she was fine. She acted like she didn't want to do the exchange, yet she was the one that came to me!" He added. "But that's not even the weirdest part."