010.

chapter ten

chapter ten

chapter ten

"Dustin do you copy?" Robin asked through the walkie talkie as the four of them darted down the library steps.

"Yeah, I copy." The young boy replied back on the other side of the line.

"So Nancy's a genius," she claimed. "Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bullseye."

"Okay that's totally bonkers. But I can't really talk right now." Dustin mentioned, making Eddie and Vivian stop to look at each other confusedly.

"What are you doing?" Robin questioned as they got into the car.

"Breaking and entering into school to retrieve confidential and extremely personal files."

"Can you repeat that?" Robin asked as she stood outside of the car while Nancy, Vivian, and Eddie were already inside.

"Just get your ass over here. Stat." Dustin demanded. "We'll explain everything."

"Well," Robin sighed as she got into the car.

"Where are they? Is everything ok?" Vivian asked.

"Nancy, head to school."

"Head to school? Why?" Nancy questioned followed by a 'school?' from Eddie.

"He said they'd explain everything once we got there."

Nancy pushed the gas, racing to the school building. Vivian felt a pit in her stomach: why were they at school? Yet, she couldn't even remember what Steve, Dustin, and Max went to do in the first place.

Vivian glanced slightly to her right out of the corner of her eye. Eddie sat there fiddling with the rings on his fingers as he looked out of Nancy's car's window. He looked surprisingly calm given the circumstances, he looked so sweet, Vivian just wanted to scoot closer to him but she turned her head to look out the other window on the other side of her, instead.

✢ ⋆ ° ˑ ˛ ❊ ⋆ ° .✢ ⋆ ° ˑ ˛ ❊ ⋆ ° .✢ ⋆ ° ˑ ˛ ❊ ⋆ ° ✢ ⋆ ° ˑ ˛

"It was here, right here." Max claimed, frantically as they all stood in one of the dark school hallways as she stared at a blank wall.

"I'm not seeing anything," Eddie whispered to the person next to him, which of course, happened to be Vivian.

"Me either," she whispered back, her eyes filling with sympathy.

"A grandfather clock?" Robin questioned.

"It was so real. And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just..." Max took a while to finish her sentence. "I woke up."

"It was like she was in a trance or something." Dustin added. "Exactly what you said happened to Chrissy."

"I, uh," Vivian placed her hand against her forehead. "I'm gonna go use the bathroom." She blurted out, gaining a curious and worried look from the boy beside her.

"Are you ok?" Eddie muttered, and she gave him a small smile before detaching from the group. The rest of them went back to theorizing and talking, but she should've known Eddie wouldn't leave her alone. She knew he wanted to talk, and rightfully so. She wanted to talk to him too, she just needed to step away for a moment, away from everyone and away from whatever the hell was going on.

"Viv," she heard Eddie call out her name, a sound she was expecting, as she walked down the dark hallway to the girl's room.

She turned around to see Eddie jogging behind her and she wanted to tell him to leave her alone, to just go back to everybody else, but he didn't deserve that, and did she really want to be alone right now?

Vivian gave up and stopped in the middle of the hallway, letting him catch up to her. "What's wrong?" He asked and she didn't want to look into his big sympathetic eyes, so instead: she wrapped her arms around his waist, burying her face into his chest.

"I just want to go to sleep and wake up from this. It all feels like one big nightmare." She confided.

Eddie embraced her back, holding her against his chest as she stroked her hair slowly. He felt the exact same way. It was all sprung upon them so fast, but Eddie could admit that he would rather like to know this stuff was going on, rather than it go on behind his back unknowingly... even if it was terrifying. He guessed that's what life was: a living nightmare. "I know," he related, not knowing much else to say.

They stayed in that position for a while, finding comfort in each other, until the sound of repeated footsteps got louder and louder, causing them to break away from their embrace and stand against the wall on the parallel sides of the hallway.

"You guys good?" Steve questioned, it was only him.

"Yeah," Eddie replied.

"Alright, well..." he trailed off awkwardly, feeling so weird in between them: his mind wondering to what they could've been doing. "Hurry up, we're all outside." Steve's figure disappeared and Eddie and Vivian began to walk closer to one another until they both jumped at the sight of Steve reappearing. "Oh, and we found Lucas."