2•Day Offs Are The Butler's Favorite Day•2

Matthew was left staring at the brown haired butler's back. Along with all the knights seated in their table.

  Even after the said man has long left the dining room, their eyes still stayed dazed. A few more minutes of silence prevailed at their table.

  "That guy... Is he always like that?"

  One of the knights with him asked. Voice full of obvious reverence. Partnered with his twinkling bright eyes full of amazement.

  'Hmm. Seems like Ree managed to capture their hearts too.'

  "Yes. Polite and calm. With a weird charm in his character."

  Mat bluntly answered before gulping down the juice in his cup. He looked around everyone on their table and, sure enough, all of them was showing the same expression.

  "Do you guys want to 'coincidentally' bump with him then possibly befriend him?"

  Everyone in the table swiftly turned towards Mat. So fast that their heads made a "swoosh" sound.

  "Well it'll be hard, but not impossible."

  Matthew, the most socially amiable butler in the mansion, let out an uncharacteristically evil smirk.

~

  Ree excused himself from the head butler with a satisfied expression. He managed to secure his week long break so starting from today, he was free from all his tiring duty.

  'A week. That means I'm still on break when the Plaza Terror Incident happens. I'll probably attend just to watch the live action.'

  Ree thought to himself as he walked down the hallway of the mansion towards his room. But just as the brown haired butler turned around the corner, a certain black haired man caught his eyes.

  The man looked messy and bruised. As if he ran for miles in the middle of a raging war. And there was a certain aura around him that screamed 'danger'.

  Ree abruptly stopped in his steps before smoothly maneuvering himself back at the corner. His composure never faltered even as he swiftly ran away towards the opposite side of the hallway where the black haired man was.

  'God damnit, that's Choi Han isn't it?'

  Ree couldn't understand why or how was Choi Han there. All he knew was that he needed to get out of his way at least until he was mentally prepared.

  And he obviously still wasn't. Meeting both Beacrox and Hilsman was enough pressure for a single day. So Ree, despite his usual laziness, decided to take a detour to a much longer path towards his room.

  The brown haired butler only stopped running when he reached his room. Although it took longer than expected since he avoided the short route to his room as Choi Han was there.

  "So I miscalculated. I should've known that Choi Han was already in the mansion the moment I saw Cale's knights in the dining room instead of the training grounds."

  Ree whispered to himself before sighing in relief. Now that he was safe inside his room, Ree immediately remembered the contents of the novel.

  It was the part where Cale told Hans to empty the training ground and make sure that no one would enter. So that was the reason why the knights were staying at the dining room instead.

  He looked around his plain room, sitting on the small but comfortable bed inside. He then opened the small cabinet below his bedside table and took out a small pouch filled with money.