12•Accidental Trouble•12

'Why... am I here again?'

  "We are currently investigating why the whirlpool may have suddenly disappeared. My father and our territory’s mages will all soon arrive as well."

  Ree stood stiffly at his young master Cale's side as Cale looked out at the calm sea by the central island and played along with Amiru.

  "Is that so? I’m glad. I hope we can quickly figure out what happened."

  'Yeah right.'

  Ree rolled his eyes internally. Cale was talking as if the whirlpool's disappearance had nothing to do with him.

  Ree, who was forced to be here after a full night of not sleeping, was beyond annoyed. But, as usual, none of it was shown on his face.

  There were a lot of people looking out at the ocean at this time. And it was quite chaotic. Fortunately, as he was accompanying his young master, there was no need for him to join the chaos as he can safely stay at the noble's side, overlooking everything.

  "I hope all of the other whirlpools can quickly disappear as well."

  Cale then added.

  Ree managed to control his expression and maintain his calmness as he pretended to not know his young master's involvement.

  He also kept his gaze focused  at the whirlpools, pretending not to notice his young master's obvious nonchalance.

  "Yes. We will definitely figure out what happened and get rid of the other whirlpools as well. With such an opportunity in front of our eyes and many people helping us, we need to grasp this opportunity completely."

  Ree finally had enough of young lady Amiru's passionate self and young master Cale's pretence. He really couldn't bare to stay any longer. Not to mention...

  'Just how long are you planning to stare at me like that.'

  Ree, who appeared calm and composed, was actually sweating bullets for a while now. Because Toonka's fiery gaze somehow never left his figure.

  "I'm getting a bit dizzy from all this sunlight, may I go rest for a bit underneath the shade?"

  Hearing his young master's words, Ree finally snapped out of his reverie. He subconsciously reacted before he had the chance to stop himself.

  "Would you like me to accompany you, young master?"

  "No need. I will be back shortly."

  Hearing this, Ree almost heaved a sigh of relief outwardly. Fortunately he managed to stop himself and maintain a polite smile.

  "Then, please call if you need anything young master."

  Ree could almost kneel while thanking the Gods as he felt Toonka's gaze moving away from him and toward his young master.

  "Then, please rest well, since you are still in recovery. Do not overdo it."

  "Thank you."

  Ree watched as Cale walked farther and farther away. Suddenly, he accidentally heard a passionate voice from behind him.

  "That is what makes him amazing."

  Ree flinched a bit before peeking at young lady Amiru who fell at his young master's act.

  He couldn't help but pity her after seeing her passion filled her calm gaze as she quickly walked over to the investigators to help.