16•Bombs Dropping Everywhere•16

"Welcome back young master."

  Ree bowed slightly at Cale with a polite smile on his face.

  "Prepare to leave. We will go back to the Henituse County."

  Cale headed straight to his room without even looking at the butler's direction. Still, he did not forget to give his orders.

  "I'll prepare right away young master. Would you be dining in your room or should I prepare the dining room for you?"

  Ree, who was pretty much used to his young master's nonchalant attitude, did mind being ignored. He simply followed right after behind him, walking a few paces behind.

  "My room. Prepare it yourself. And don't bother preparing the children's belongings as they will be left here."

  Hearing this, Ree was a bit taken aback.

  "... Young master?"

  Cale took a glance at the butler after hearing his confused call. He couldn't help but smirk upon seeing the usually calm butler's stunned expression.

  'It is good that he cares about those children.'

  "The wolf children will need time to adjust to this place as this will be their new home. Therefore, they will be left here along with Hilsman."

  Cale explained. However, contrary to what Cale was thinking, Ree was actually concerned about a completely different matter.

  'No, why am I going with you? Shouldn't I stay here with the children? Didn't you say I will be in charge with them?'

  Ree's thoughts were full of complaints. But of course, he did not voice out any of it and instead just bowed toward Cale again.

  "I understand young master. Then, I shall prepare your dinner now."

  Ree smiled politely once again before taking his leave.

  'Is it just my imagination? The young master seems harder to approach than usual.'

  Ree thought to himself before he shrugged and continued on his way.

  Meanwhile, Cale, who activated his newly acquired ancient power "Dominating Aura", did not remove his gaze at the back of Ree.

  'He's not affected by my aura.'

  The aura that even the two whale siblings found overwhelming, and even the young dragon praised. That butler was not affected at all by it.

  'He really isn't normal either.'

  Cale concluded in his mind before heading to his room with the invisible dragon by his side.

~

  "Take good care of yourselves and don't cause trouble for the vice captain. It's okay to train as well along with the knights but remember not to overdo it, alright?"

  Ree reminded the children as he stood outside the carriage.

  The wolf children, with Maes in the lead, all looked gloomy and reluctant. But they couldn't do anything other than say their goodbyes to the person they all treated as their guardian.

  Ree immediately noticed their mood. But just like them, he also couldn't do anything about it.

  There were two reasons why Ree didn't like his young master's order. And the first one was this. He knew that the children would react like this.