17•Peaceful Days With The Henituse•17

"We will head out in a month. Prepare for it in the meantime. Other than that, just do as usual."

  After the call from the crown prince, Ree was nonchalantly dismissed by his young master. Of course, Ree had no objection if his young master Cale was giving him a free pass to escape.

  Hence the butler simply nodded in understanding, still with a polite smile on his face.

  "Ahh, and replace Hans on his duties that involves me. You'll be serving as my personal butler, after all."

  Ree's smile twitched slightly but he managed to keep his composure. This time he bowed slightly at his young master.

  "I will discuss it with the deputy butler, young master-nim. Is there anything else?"

  Cale observed Ree's reaction, or lack thereof, and was dissatisfied. He simply gestured for him to go while giving his final order.

  "Make sure Beacrox will be the one to prepare my food. That's all, you can go."

  Ree bowed once more before taking his leave. Immediately, the polite and calm smile on his face slipped off. He sighed heavily as he massaged his temple.

  'Gramps Ron, please come back now before the young master drive me crazy as well.'

  Mini Ree cried internally in an overly dramatic way while biting a handkerchief. 

~

  Ree was having a slight problem. It was not even a week since he replaced Hans on attending to the young master yet he could already feel two sharp gazes watching his figure.

  Ree finally had enough as he creeped from behind the two figures hiding in the corner. They were peeking at the hallway leading to the kitchen.

  As he drew closer, Ree could hear the hushed conversation they were having.

  "Where's he?"

  "I don't know. The maid said he was at the kitchen at this time but I can't see him."

  "Maybe he's already inside?"

  "Must be. Let's go and take a look inside the kitchen. If he's not there then let's try at big brother's study."

  Ree was amused as he silently followed behind the two as they made their way sneakily at the kitchen's doorway. When they took a peek inside, Ree also did so.

  "What are we looking at?"

  Ree whispered in amusement as he watched the two who were focused on scanning the kitchen. The one on the lead hushed him without looking as he answered in a whisper.

  "Of course we're looking for big brother's handpicked personal butler, Ree! Now lower your voice or we'll get noticed."

  Ree couldn't help but let out a light chuckle at their antics. After hearing the low and husky chuckle from behind them, the two finally noticed the third person's presence.

  They both turned to look at him in shock, but were stunned at the appearance of the man.

  What greeted their eyes was the visage of the man laughing lightly with a bright closed eyed smile. The light from the window illuminating his figure, forming some sort of halo.

  He looked rather bright and youthful. He was radiating a charming and refreshing aura that stunned the two.

  Of course they knew who he was. After all, they've been "spying" on him for almost a week now. However, the one in front of them looked somewhat different from when they were observing from afar.

  Ree smiled amiably at the two. He bowed slightly at them, still with an amused smile on his face.

  "It's an honor to make your acquaintance, young master Basen and young miss Lily. You were looking for me, is there something wrong?"

  Yes, the two little "spies" that has been following him since he became young master Cale's personal butler were none other than his two siblings. Basen and Lily.

  Ree knew they did not mean him harm, rather, he could feel their overflowing curiosity. Maybe they were just curious to know what type of person their big brother personally picked.

  Still, being peered at by two curious, gleaming, innocent eyes from afar was rather lethal for Ree's heart. After all, no one would be able to resist such an adorable sight.

  The two, Basen and Lily, finally snapped out of their daze and immediately avoided eye contact.

  "Nothing. We just wanted to take a look at big brother's new personal butler. We're sorry."

  "Big brother Cale suddenly appointed someone himself. So we were curious. Sorry for spying on you."

  Both children were good kids, as they immediately apologized for their actions. Unlike other noble children who thought themselves superior to everyone else.

  Ree's good impression of the two rose even higher at their attitude. He smiled softly at the two as he gestured for them to follow him.

  Ree went straight inside the kitchen. Inside, Beacrox was already busy with whatever it was he was cooking. Beacrox simply spared him a glance before continuing on his work.

  The two cautiously followed after the butler. Seeing as the chef simply glanced at them without kicking them out, the two heaved a sigh of relief.

  In fact, Kitchen 2 was a well known place in the Estate. Simply because the one in charge of this kitchen was Beacrox. In fact, by "in charge" it simply meant that the kitchen 2 was Beacrox' personal workplace.

  In the whole mansion, no one dared to go in and out as they pleased in this area. And the Count, Countess, and their children usually did not really care. However, no one said anything about it to Ree. 

  In fact, the other's thought were simple. That is, if the owner of the kitchen himself did not say anything, then what right do they have to intervene?

  Ree did not know anything about it so he simply did as he pleased. Beacrox did not say anything either, hence the current situation.

  Ree went staring at the kitchen counter near Beacrox, preparing the ingredients he would need. He, of course, did not forget to gesture for the two children to take a seat by the stool in front of the counter.

  "Beacrox, where's the gulaman jar I placed by in the cabinet?"

  Because they usually interact with each other, Ree and Beacrox became closer. So Ree grew more and more casual to him in each passing days.

  Beacrox reached at the top cabinet and handed the jar to Ree. Since he was taller than the later, he usually helped with reaching ingredients that was out of his reach.

  "I still want to know what that powder is."

  Ree grabbed the jar as he shrugged before answering nonchalantly.

  "Something I made from repeatedly drying and boiling seaweed extract. It's edible, and safe, so don't worry."

  Ree explained in the simplest way he could. Actually, gulaman was a food from his past life. It was similar to gelatin, but was made from seaweed instead.

  Beacrox was curious about the foreign ingredient, but he simply nodded after noticing Ree already focused on cooking. He did not want to disturb him, so he also minded his own work.

  Basen and Lily watched in fascination as the two worked together in the kitchen. They were moving like a well oiled machine, complimenting each other's action.

  When Beacrox needed something that was near Ree's station, the other will immediately hand it without needing to say anything. Similarly, when Ree needed something, Beacrox will hand it to him before he could say anything.

  "Alright, let's just wait until this hardened. For now, here you go young master Basen, young miss Lily."

  Ree served the two a plate full of chocolate chip cookies and two glass of warm milk. It just so happened that it's currently snack time so this snacks wouldn't spoil their appetite for dinner later.

  The two whispered a small thank you as they silently eat the delicious cookies. Both of their eyes sparkling in delight.

  Ree smiled softly as he suddenly missed the wolf children he used to bake for. He divided the rest of the cookies into two, separating a portion in a plate before handing it to Beacrox.

  "Here. The rest are for young master Cale later. I'll tell you how to make that gulaman powder next time."

  Ree casually handed Beacrox the cookies before cleaning up the kitchen counter. Of course he noticed the curiosity in the chef's eyes.

  'Well it's not like the process was anything special anyways.'

  The chef gratefully accepted the cookies before nodding in appreciation. Beacrox couldn't wait to learn about another type of food he did haven't seen before.

  The four stayed at the kitchen, eating their snacks. Fortunately, both Beacrox and Ree were currently on their break as they have already served their young master Cale's snack before this.

  And unbeknownst to Ree, this small interaction made the two siblings of his young master Cale closer to him than before.